Slip-on question

It isn't necessary but it's not a bad idea to sync them every once in a while. What year is it? How many miles are on the ODO? Do you know when it was last synched?

Oh, and what pipe are you getting?

When you put a slip-on muffler on and don't do anything, you will notice a slight difference in the performance. In my case, it smooth things out a little but from what I've read that's not the norm. It was even better after Cruzman taught me how to sync the carbs.

Having said that, the slip-on with Jetting and porting the boots was like buying a new bike for under $200, which is what I spent on my used slip on and the RavenRider Jetting.

If you don't want to buy a jet kit right now, the RR Jetting is a good solution.

Have a stock exhaust. If i put a slip-on do i have to get the carbs syncronized?

Well installing a slip-on and synchronizing the carbs are not really related. Doing a carb sync is more of a maintenance item that needs to be done every so often as others pointed out. With a stock bike installing a slip-on might give you a slightly leaner running bike, in which case rejetting will be the cure.

Back