So, that was short lived...

I hope you heal quickly. Good luck with the rebuild. I shudder to think what could have happened if the truck had still been behind you. Count your blessings. Stay safe.

Man my heart sank when I read the title to this thread. As others have said, you're ok which is the main thing. It's a good thing your first mod was the crash protection.

Looking forward now to see the rebuild.

Lots of things to think about here.
1 Great that you're Okay, whenever one of these crash posts start I think well they can still post! I wonder about not hearing from people on these forums sometimes not being morbid but.
2 Lots more modding now. Anything you might have done different well nows the chance!
3 Damn how expensive is full insurance where you are? Maybe less mods? More insurance?
4 Cobalt has a point also think of other possibilities IE what if you'd been driving a Tractor Trailer? The Lady that braked suddenly might not be here now. Trying not to be judgmental.
5 I have always gone out and practiced "PANIC stops" but always in dry weather. A bit of a heads up for me to try a few practice ones in the wet.

Hey! Just saw the thread and so sorry that you had a wreck. I'm glad your okay though. It hurt seeing the pics of the bike. I know how you feel. I was devastated when I was hit. It truly sucks. Heal up fast and get her fixed up quick.

Sorry to hear (such a cool looking bike). Glad you are ok (most important part). MAN, I've got to get some better gear! :)eek:)

Really glad to see that the only thing to get hurt was the bike. It looks mostly cosmetic so it shouldn't be too hard to fix. This gives you an excuse to spend some more money on your bike and maybe do some additional mods. Glad you are O.K!!

There is a reason why I have stopped bike commuting altogether - just too many external factors not in your control. I mostly do spirited riding on deserted back roads now.

Time to reevaluate your priorities and choose your poison - city commute vs backroads riding.

Last edited:
Glad to hear your ok man, sucks about the bike but like everyone said looks mostly cosmetic, maybe time to go streetfighter. Good thing you added those sliders, I waited a year to add sliders now I can't believe I didnt add them sooner, looks like they saved you some big money. Learn from the mistake and be glad your still walking after going down at that speed, someone up there must have been lookin out for you

That blows! Glad you didn't get hurt too bad. Stories like this remind me to wear my gear even when it's hotter than hell out! I hope you get back on the road soon.

So glad to hear you are still around to be talking about it. That's the kind of accident that lots of people don't make it through, let alone walk away. I've been endorsed for 30 years, and the best advice I can give to anyone riding in the rain is - give lots of extra room to vehicles in front of you, and put your brain in extra "defense" mode. It is really easy to get sucked into "offense" mode when riding on dry roads all of the time, and that creates habits that have to be ignored when it rains.

Back