Soggy Pie Run

Two Wheel Texans does a monthly meet & greet they call a "Pie Run." This month it just happened to be in Wharton. Only about 100 miles away.

With only a 20% chance of rain my wife and I were confident we would not have to deal with rain. We hit a few light patches in Hempstead,, Bellville and Sealy on the way to Wharton. Not bad. If that were all mother nature would throw our way we knew we would be fine.

...after Wharton was another story. Hit pretty heavy rain in Rosenberg. We went on to Katy for a little get together a friend was having. While there the rain became torrential. Their street flooded in 30 minutes and water came half way up their lawn. I pushed my VFR up in to a neighbors driveway when the water reached my axles. After the water receded we made a break for it and 1 minute down I10 the rain became torrential again. I could barely see anything.

Fortunately my mother lived right by there and I stopped and pulled the VFR in to the garage, jumped in my mothers car and headed the rest of the way to Tomball. It was just way to bad to risk it on the bike.

Weather.com said 20% chance of rain this morning until 4:00PM when it would go to 40%. I think they meant it was a 20% chance of not getting rain..... My wife was a trooper and still enjoyed the ride on the back in what turned out to be a really crappy day to ride. I am proud of her.

Here are the few picks I got today at Hinze's BBQ where we had a great slice of Chocolate Meringue pie. Met an FZ1 rider there today that joined our forum in January. He rides the silver 2011 in the photo below. The rest of the day was just too nasty to pull the camera out.

Last edited:
Here is the photo of my friends front lawn. Right after I moved the VFR.

14400d1367110161-soggy-pie-run-lawn.jpg

It was light rain untill fm 362 and then the skys opened up, but took the long way home. no help from the rain gear. Good to meet the the both of you, Hail.
header pipes cleaned hahahaha.
safe riding to you.

That looks fun.
I HAVE TO spend more time on the Two Wheel Texans site. After we returned from the Hill Country Ride - I logged in and saw that I just missed a Pie Run - 30 minutes from my house!!!! :rant:

It was light rain untill fm 362 and then the skys opened up, but took the long way home. no help from the rain gear. Good to meet the the both of you, Hail.
header pipes cleaned hahahaha.
safe riding to you.

Great meeting you Stan. Great looking FZ1 you have there!

Back