someone help im stumped

The plugs are already out. Something valve wise has to be messed up. I'll wait on that manual and start tearing the heads off to inspect the valves probably. Idk what else I can check without tearing it apart more

I'd take a measurement of the valves on the good side for now and compare specs with those of the bad side. See what the difference is, if any. If the valve or valves on the bad side aren't lifting to spec, it may be a bad or bent valve stem which shouldn't be too bad to replace. You'd just have to re-seat them with a lapping tool and lapping compound.

Also, be sure that whatever broke on the rocker arm, didn't find it's way down into the motor.

This was my first thought... if it broke, where is any piece that came off? Is it stuck inside the cylinder? I'd pull the head off and have a look to be certain the cylinder isn't damaged, inspect the other side of the valves, etc... Something is binding that cylinder.

So I had a chance to check the timing today and its spot on. Still need to double check the valve clearances. It's weird, when i'm turning it over manually it gets tough to turn as the intake valves start to depress and then once they are coming back up it kind of springs the cam the rest of the way around. Sorry it's hard to explain lol

Back