Sorry to have to tell you all this....

But I have had to make the decision to sell my bike :(

It's just too expensive to have 2 cars and a bike these days as rent etc etc......... is just getting too much and by selling the bike it will free up a lot of $$$.

I need a hole in my head for selling it at this stage as I've spent a fair amount of money on it. But, half of the money I get from selling will pay off the small loan left and the rest we need, which some of that will be put into building a model railway layout for my son and I, which will give us more time together.

I will still hang around this wonderful place as I have met a lot of great people locally and around the world, which money cannot buy and I thank you all for the help and friendship you all have given me. You guys and gals on here are THE best bunch of sociable, polite and helpful people I have ever had the privilege of being associated with. THANK YOU!

I may even buy another bike in the future as I am keeping my gear.

How dare you trade us for your little issues like rent and food and family stuff, How dare you good sir... lol...We know how it is.
Please don't let this be your end, I see too many guy's say this and never get a bike again, sorry to see you go...

Very sorry to hear Scott. You should put the bike back to stock and sell the mods! You'll make more money. ;) If you don't have the stock parts, offer to trade someone for their stock parts and a little less cash.

I really hope you stick around and that this is short term... but any decision to be a more available Dad to your son is more than good enough reason! Well done mate!

Sorry to hear it :frown: Think about selling all the performance parts and returning the bike to stock ( or close to stock ) You will probably be able to get quite a bit more money that way.

............... or you could come to you're senses and just keep it :)

Thanks kgc1911, Eric, Goog's and John.

I just spoke to John and I'm going to refit all the stock parts to the bike and sell it that way.
The only thing I will have to leave on there will be the GIPro, air filter, etc...
Oh and the Penske is already sold to John.

A man's gotta' do what he has to do. I salute you for taking the action you feel necessary for the best outcome for your family. Many (most) guys step away from bikes when more pressing issues come to the fore. There will always be more bikes in the future.

Oh man Scotty, that's too bad. I'm glad you'll be hanging around, I know many of us would hate to see you go.

The good thing about being a motorcyclist is that you will get another one some day. I guarantee it.

I took a very long break at one time only to find myself deep back in it.

There's nothing I can say that hasn't been said. I look forward to seeing what bike you get down the line. Best of luck with everything :)

I sold my car too, its cheaper to run my Fazer 600 than a car.

At least when you get yourself straight you can return to a bike again, its not the end buddy, it's merely au revoir!!

Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!

Take lots of pictures so you can bore the hell out of your son in the future about the sacrifice you made for him! Joking but take some for yourself. Stick around mate toys come and go but family is forever!

Thanks gang, I'm going to stick around :) And thanks again for all the positive comments.

I spent the arvo putting the bike back to std apart from the GIPro, the sliders and the K&N air filter.
So I'll have the PC5 (in its box), Akra, CFRP front screen, the R1 radial master cyl, and the evotech FE for sale soon.
Ballmead came over this arvo and bought the Penske shock and the evotech exhaust hangar :)

So sorry to hear that Scotty, but I understand fully as I have been through the same sort of deal. Plus, I know how much more expensive things are down under. Please stay amongst us here whether your on two wheels or not! Maybe a smaller dual purpose bike??? Just throwing that out there.:cheers:

You did a good job of quickly stripping all the go fast bits and putting the stock stuff back on.
Your bike is in awesome condition and with very low klms too.
It shouldn't be too hard to sell.
The Penske looks great, thanks for it and the exhaust hanger mate.

Sent from my GT-I9300

I really have nothing new to add. I agree with everyone, family first, there will be another bike when the time is right and I'm glad you are staying.

Good luck with everything. Enjoy the train set and your son!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hi Scotty sorry to hear you have to depart from your bike, but life has priorities. I've been there too and now again with my young twinboys it's often hard to balance time between the bikes and the family. I hope I can maintain that balance....enjoy time with your family and stay on the forum....

Hi Scotty sorry to hear you have to depart from your bike, but life has priorities. I've been there too and now again with my young twinboys it's often hard to balance time between the bikes and the family. I hope I can maintain that balance....enjoy time with your family and stay on the forum....

Thanks Arnold :) yep I'll stick around while enjoying the family time too.

Back