Speedtec fuel additive

From the first site above

"8. Be aware that ethanol-blend fuels have lower energy (BTU), decrease fuel efficiency and drop mpg. "
that is why speedtec works very well, it increases the BTU of the crappy gas we have in California, so the bike runs stronger, accelerates faster, starts immediately and also uses less gas for the same mileage, I am not worried about gas mileage but using it increased it.

Liquimoly also makes a motorcycle specific OIL additive for wet clutch:scared:
nano lub space age technology: oops:

Last edited:
I don't think we have an issue with combustion properties or energy in the gas for our machines, I'm more concerned about ethanol and it's bad properties; mainly of the corrosive effects of the ethanol salts on metal and rubber parts, and the phase separation of ethanol and gasoline. Once the gas starts separating your Octane gets screwed up.

We bikers often have a tank of fuel that is often a month or so old if we can't get out and ride due to the weather or other issues. That is why I have been using a product Yamaha actually recommends, Fuel Med Rx.

large.jpg

From the Yamaha website, "......provides superior metal corrosion protection from the high levels of Ethanol sulfate salts in today's fuel & provides advanced metal protection for future E-15 fuel. No other formula provides this level of ethanol fuel corrosion protection for metals and aluminum fuel system components, an alcohol-free formula that not only locks in fuel potency but helps to prevent fuel oxidation, phase separation, gum and varnish build up." I think this kind of additive, which does not directly affect the combustion process, is more important as it stabilizes the fuel as it makes it's way from the pump, to the tank, to the cylinder. Yamaha strongly recommends this product because of the ethanol in today's fuels. I've used it for about six months, ever since the Yamaha techs at Laguna Seca MotoGP put me on to it. It adds about 15 cents per gallon of treated fuel. I fill up 4 miles from home and pour 1 oz into the tank, and if I can't get the bike out for a couple of weeks I don't worry about the fuel going bad or separating in the tank.

Check it out at Yamaha.com, they also have a video on it:
Yamalube

Back