Springtime Makeover Thread

Billy it was great to see you today. Glad I was able to get those little pesky scratches off ;). Bike came out great. Just wished we had had a day like last Friday so we could have gone for a ride. We'll be riding again soon, after all tomorrow is the first day of Spring :D

That looks really cool on the black paint Billy. I'm glad now I caught you before you ordered anything. That was a "pay-it-forward" for me to you. I got it free so I passed it along to you. I should be able to close up Michele's build thread next weekend. She's got to get them registered this week so we can ride them is weather permits.

Got to work this morning and had this waiting for me. The graphics are outstanding and the quality is great. Can't wait to get it on the bike.

IMG00019-20110331-0848.jpg

Thats it! I am officially done! I can now concentrate on riding and no more wrenching. I ran down this morning to apply the tank pad and tail section decals. The Immortal Graphix Tank Pad went on so nice it was almost too easy. I did however, bring along my trusty HF Heat Gun to warm things up a bit first. After removing all the areas with alcohol, I ran the heat gun on the low setting across the area and only a little bit on the tank pad, just to get it flexible. I did the same for the tail section but didn't heat the decals. They are much too thin. I also remounted the GoPro mount on the tail section using the Radio Shack High Strength Tape which I can swear by and have used for more than 15 years on different projects. So this will officially be the last post in my Makeover Thread. From now on it will be "riding" threads until further notice!:yes:

Customary Pictures:

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

She looks GREAT Billy! Congrats! We've had a long hard modding winter and glad that we can now get out and RIDE!!!! :tup: Now, let's see some videos!

Back