Squid Video............Must be a Good Story Behind This One!!!

I don't have a lot of background and was yawning until the 2 min mark.
Apparently it was called The Ride of the Century 2012 in Missouri. LOL Seems to have lived up to it's name :eyebrow:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eboR87mjk-8&feature=player_embedded]Ride Of the Century ROC 2012 FTP Missouri State Highway Patrol abuse of force on motorcyclists - YouTube[/ame]

EDIT:
Just so this doesn't get lost on pg 4......... Here is a new video from the beginning of the ride. IT shows a little more info on what happened.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0c5_1379794556

.../...

Last edited:
There are videos of the riding prior to the road block. Basically, it was a bunch of squids doing wheelies and stupid squid stuff on busy highways. They apparently had a lot of 911 calls before deploying the road block

Stupid

whats the back story here? Why were there road blocks and such set up and why did everyone start running?

Agreed, without some context the video makes no sense, other than the riders showed very poor skills, they are all over the place on that road.

Did a Google search, this may add some sense:

Hundreds of motorcyclists take to St. Louis roads as police keep watch : Stltoday

And from the cop's viewpoint:
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_3b1266bc-00fb-11e2-a1af-0019bb30f31a.html

Last edited:
Events like this ruin it for all of us. First, the public gets to see a mass of motorcyclists acting like a$$holes on the road, speeding, stunting, taunting cops and evading, acting above the law.

Next, the law enforcement community gets taunted and frustrated by a bunch of winners portraying a negative stereotype and potentially causing them to have less patience when dealing with motorcyclists.

These idiots aren't motorcyclists; they're a bunch of $hit disturbers who are using bikes as their medium. I'm tired of people thinking that I am an idiot because I look like these morons at a glance. Other than the number of wheels, I have nothing in common with these losers.

whats the back story here? Why were there road blocks and such set up and why did everyone start running?

This is a good example of a viral video. When I 1st posted it there was almost no information on it. Within a day or two - it was all over the web.
Since some people posted links already I will just say that it was an anual motorcycle rally called Ride of the Century in St Louis. Seems to have been growing each year and getting bigger and bigger. The 2012 slogan was "Take over the City" or something like that.
Well people mentioned the stunts but there are videos of these really LARGE groups of riders merging into the city traffic. Basically they were just being a pain the ass. Apparently the police had a plan to deal with them this year and the video posted above is the result.

wow, thats some scary shit right there. cops are using their cars to ram bikes. I dont care if ur riding wheelies naked down a local street. theres no call for that. so a compound fracture is an ok punishment for riding a wheelie? dont get me wrong, stunting has its place and a public road isnt it. but the cop on the access rd hit a bike carrying a passenger. she has no control but they are gonna endanger her life? BS!!
cops hate bike riders. I had a run in w one this morning and Im getting ready to post about it.

Who are you talking to Stormsmack?
It helps to add quotes or names so people can respond to you. If you are wondering why people are not answering your questions then its probably because we dont know who you are talking to.
I have several answers to your statements about what went on in the video. I have to work tonight. We can pick this up again tonight.
T T L

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Who are you talking to Stormsmack?
It helps to add quotes or names so people can respond to you. If you are wondering why people are not answering your questions then its probably because we dont know who you are talking to.
I have several answers to your statements about what went on in the video. I have to work tonight. We can pick this up again tonight.
T T L

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

The cops in the video me thinks.

I'm just asking general questions. no one here was there so no one can answer them. but I just think that the police using tactics like that are wrong. 2 bikes were hit by leo's in that video and they think that's ok. I'm just trying to introduce thot provoking questions out there. am I the only one who sees a problem w this, guys?

I don't see a problem when people are intentionally out to cause chaos with no reason other than to taunt the police. Watch the other videos of this 'ride' to get perspective. They were out to cause shit and the fact they tried to flee says it all right there. It's pathetic and gutless. An obvious attempt to get some YouTube hits and high five their bros

This is my view as a person who never gets hassled by the police. If I do get pulled over, my experiences have always been cordial.

Your mileage may vary, eh?

Last edited:
I don't see a problem when people are intentionally out to cause chaos with no reason other than to taunt the police. Watch the other videos of this 'ride' to get perspective. They were out to cause shit and the fact they tried to flee says it all right there. It's pathetic and gutless. An obvious attempt to get some YouTube hits and high five their bros

This is my view as a person who never gets hassled by the police. If I do get pulled over, my experiences have always been cordial.

Your mileage may vary, eh?

Well said IMO. These guys were out to get attention. Driving across medians and then wrong way up a ramp only furthers the public's and police's view that sport bike riders are idiot hooligans (on top of their riding on the road). These are the people who intentionally cause shit and think they can get away with it just because they are in a large group.

if you read the story, not every person that was there was stunting. there were some that were just riding. so unless the cops saw that person stunting or speeding or driving recklessly there was no reason the be hitting bikes w cars. again if he hits someone who they cant prove were breaking the law and say causes a compound fracture to the femur and that person bleeds out and dies. they are deserving cuz they were riding w a group of dingbats that were stunting? that agregeous! no one in that video deserved to rammed.
and Dustin, it must be nice never to be hasseled by the cops. we get pulled over just cuz a cops thinks your "following" him. doesnt matter that u just happen to share the same route to work. or some other douche has ran from him and ur the first bike he comes across and he breaks out the measuring tape to make sure ur rear blinkers are far enuff apart. congrats on ur luck. one day ull get that dick that just has it out for bikers and then ull understand...

If you're 'just out riding' and people in your group are doing stuff like that around you, you're responsible for removing yourself from the situation if you don't want the trouble associated with it.

If I go on a group ride and the other riders are being stupid, I get as far away from that group as quickly as possible. Trouble comes if you invite it. Maybe you're right and some day I will meet an officer who is a dick and hates bikers. Thankfully, I'm a motorcyclist and not a biker.

Last edited:
I do agree with Dustin and Stormsmack ^ I think there are definitely so many things wrong going on here. But I've come across my share of Law enforcement who for some reason forget they're there to serve and not to harass. They don't make the laws, they seem to forget that. At the same time I know a lot of good cops. So there is always another side to the coin. What Dustin says though is so true, you are guilty by association so don't associate...

if you read the story, not every person that was there was stunting. there were some that were just riding. so unless the cops saw that person stunting or speeding or driving recklessly there was no reason the be hitting bikes w cars. again if he hits someone who they cant prove were breaking the law and say causes a compound fracture to the femur and that person bleeds out and dies. they are deserving cuz they were riding w a group of dingbats that were stunting? that agregeous! no one in that video deserved to rammed.
and Dustin, it must be nice never to be hasseled by the cops. we get pulled over just cuz a cops thinks your "following" him. doesnt matter that u just happen to share the same route to work. or some other douche has ran from him and ur the first bike he comes across and he breaks out the measuring tape to make sure ur rear blinkers are far enuff apart. congrats on ur luck. one day ull get that dick that just has it out for bikers and then ull understand...

Not for nothing but everyone shown in that video was breaking the law. The 2 incidences of the police "ramming" the motorcycles were while they were driving across the grassed shoulder and going the wrong way down an entrance ramp all while EVADING POLICE OFFICERS. No one shown was innocent by any means...

Yup, in this case the right thing was to stop. I think it simply is impossible to justify those guys. But I still stand by my previous statements, simply wearing a badge does not make you right.

Last edited:
Back