Street Fighter; What Is One ?

Sterotypes are best presented with two speakers.
It would seem that Scout sees himself as a "Streetfighter" and if that makes him a more attentive responsible rider than "More power to him". We all pull on the mask sometimes and if that mask is of the Superhero right on. When I don my suit of armour and mount my steed I am totally into the part, My full attention is on the ride and all aspects of it. I was once asked about the scenery along a particularily nice piece of road and I answered "Hell if I know". I wasn't looking at the scenery as it had no bearing on the task at hand.
:eyebrow:

Not about seeing yourself as anything, more like developing the innate character that resides in all males, more or less, but usually languishes in modern culture that effectively castrates male drive and leadership. 'Streetfighter' is a frame of mind, with street sense, that incorporates bikes like ours. Street sense in terms of reading the road. What cagers may do; when the twisties may have rain trash, cattle, deer, cross traffic, or even stopped traffic (due to an environmental 'sight').

Street fighters don't 'fight' the traffic or conditions, but adjust with flexibility and smoothness that only a good rider knows what I'm talking about, cause that's what motorcycles are really all about.

Bikes are dangerous, small, vulnerable to others' mistakes, whether intentional or not. The 'fighter' operates 110% respecting others and himself.

In one sense, all excellent riders are 'street fighters' because a bike has two wheels. Those two wheels develop character in some. But bikes like ours have a niche in this scene due to it's design: not a short distance racer; and not a long distance tourer. Just a 200 mile daily kick-up-dust kinda bike. Any kind of miles, too.

Those that fail to develop character sell the bike; crash and quit riding, etc.

The zen of riding.

Scout had a bit of a point, if you're talking about the rider - (you can buy a totally bad-ass fighter bike, but not even know what it means, or how to ride), so for Scout, StreetFighter is also a mentality - I get it. A cruizer is a cruizer, but the rider may not "fit" the style (see CEO riding HD, with a clean bandana and $400 shades)

Some of the other generalizations, I'm not sure about though...

But we're talking about the bike here, not the philosophy. StreetFighter is the opposite of Poseur, but more competitive. Poseur is proud of how his bike LOOKs, StreetFighter is proud of what he's BUILT, without all the plastic to cover up the serious bits - the real motorcycle. So the streetfighter motorcycle is the motorcycle, not the aerodynamics and 'pretty' stuff.

the Consummate streetfighter is Confederate. So What if there's no creature comforts - So What if it's FUGLY and non-glam - what's it to ya? Look at the mechanics!

Street fighter is only to be ridden, not toured, not faired, not bagged, not lowered, not chromed, not lit, not stretched - IT'S A BIKE G*Dd8MMIT - THAT'S IT! :smoking:

Sorry Brad - just felt verbose! LOL

I don't get it? What is up with the assend up in the air so far lik in these bikes? it looks dopey. But I guess theres a reason....wheelies? Even the 'cool' black bike looks a little 'off'.

does mine lean towards streetfighter?

just got this fz1, haven't done anything to it yet, and am not sure i will do to much to it, i like it a lot the way it is. the gas tank is flipped back because it has a pin sized hole in it and leaked when it was on the bike in its proper position and the seat is off in these pictures as you can see. i think my bike is leaning in the street fighter direction, what do you guys think?

26016_360747725727_645340727_4184256_7726715_n.jpg

26016_360747740727_645340727_4184257_5206433_n.jpg

26016_360747720727_645340727_4184255_2325427_n.jpg

Back