Sub throttle servo problem.

FZ1IL

Hi all,

There is a problem with the Sub throttle servo in my 07 FZ1.
It failed to work very often (not all the time), which causes the engine to malfunction above 7,000 RPM.
I was advised two options:
1. To replace the whole intake (2) kit as its not common to replace only the servo.
2. To bypass the problem by taking out the flies and put PC-V to compansete the air fuel issue.

Please help, what is your opinion:
1. Is it really not possible to replace only the servo ? (which will save lots of money)
2. Do people take out the flies when putting a PC, as a common upgrade?

Thanks a lot
Ofer

You can replace the servo geared motor (GEARED MOTOR COMP. 5VY-85850-00-00) for $275 USD. Do you know if it is the actual servo or is the the throttle sensor assembly, also referred to as the secondary TPS? That is about $100 USD and is part number 5FL-85885-02-00

Check out the microfiche on PartShark.com - Motorcycle Parts, ATV Parts, UTV Parts, PWC Parts, Powersports Apparel, Motorcycle Accessories for OEM and Aftermarket. and look at your bike and under the category INTAKE 2.

Removal of the flies is an option and more a personal preference. It will not harm the bike. Does your bike produce any error codes? Do you know how to enter DIAG mode and check? Do you have the service manual?

Hope we can get this sorted out for you.

-Eric

See parts #2 & #3 below

12871_intake2.gif

Thanks Eric,

I have error code 48.
The mechanic told me that the geared motor itself (part 3) can't be replaced and that the whole unit (intake 2) needs to be replaced, does it make sense? or is he bluffing me in order to make me buy the PC-V ?

once again, thanks for your advise.

It can be replaced but it is a tedious task. I believe they are either ill-informed or simply not up to the task but since these parts can all be ordered separately, there is no reason to think they cannot be replaced.

Sub-throttle servo motor:stuck.
Diagnostic code No. 56 - Error Code No. 48
Sub-throttle servo motor

Order Item/components and probable cause / Check or maintenance job / Reinstatement method

1. Connections
• Sub-throttle servo motor coupler • Main wire harness ECU coupler
• Check the couplers for any pins that may be pulled out.
• Check the locking condition of the couplers.
• If there is a malfunction, repair it and connect the coupler securely.
Turning the main switch to “ON”.

2. Open or short circuit in wire harness.
• Repair or replace if there is an open or short circuit.
• Between sub-throttle servo motor coupler and ECU coupler (Yellow/Red–Yellow/Red) (Yellow/White–Yellow/White)

3. Defective sub-throttle servo motor
• Execute the diagnostic mode. (Code No. 56)
• Replace if defective.

Refer to "CHECKING THE SUB-THROTTLE SERVO MOTOR" on page 7-10.

There are people who remove the flies and run without the PC. What other upgrades have you done? If I were you I'd buy the parts and go ahead and attempt it myself if your mechanically inclined. I've found while many mechanics are pretty good at what they do, MANY are less skilled then even some of us who educate ourselves as we go. :) worst comes to worse you see it's to much for you and take it to a mechanic willing to do it with the parts in your hand. I wouldn't take it back to him though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are people who remove the flies and run without the PC. What other upgrades have you done? If I were you I'd buy the parts and go ahead and attempt it myself if your mechanically inclined. I've found while many mechanics are pretty good at what they do, MANY are less skilled then even some of us who educate ourselves as we go. :) worst comes to worse you see it's to much for you and take it to a mechanic willing to do it with the parts in your hand. I wouldn't take it back to him though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Two brothers slip on as well.
So today i returned to the workshop and he took off the flies and said that he will try to get a servo from a spare parts dealer.

In our small country the intake kit can get to a ridiculous price of 2500 USD.
PC5 after installation will cost 600 USD, and it will be good for the 2brthrs as well.

Patience and cold tempers is all I seek for this days.....

Today the mechnic put a R1 intake kit which he got from a used parts dealer.
After doing the neccesary changes inorder to meet with the FZ1 intake the motors runs as smooth as a new one.
So I"m very pleased with this solution and not having to put PC5.
My 2 cents from riding the past week without flies is that the motor isn't running smooth and the fuel consumption is 1 liter to 12.5 K"M.

Thanks to you all for the help and to Mr. Oldsman for the delicate heart surgery...

Does anyone know if 5VY-85850-00-00 is interchangeable with 5VY-85850-10-00?

My 2007 CA lists 5VY-85850-10-00 but the part is unavailable. I can find 5VY-85850-00-00 all day.

Thank you!

This is from my mechanic:

"Yamaha is looking into it. According to their computer system, it isn't available, but is a valid part number. Also, the -10 IS NOT, according to Yamaha, a supersession of the -00. They don't know why or where the -10 number came from. They're gonna look into it and call me back"

Sounds like a typo to me.

Last edited:
Back