Yes I just read but the street legal version should only have 200 HP. That would be the same as the current Zx10. So it will depend on the soft skills. It seems that they also fitted the H2 with state of the art electronics and that could mean much better drive-ability. Anyway just saw the Yamaha teaser so I guess it will be interesting what comes 3rd Nov.

Jay Leno's Garage got the exclusive reveal of the street H2

[video=youtube;vAo0LWQFxdE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAo0LWQFxdE[/video]

That Black Chrome is pretty cool looking.

so 300hp at the crank for the track bike, but no disclosed numbers or pricing for the road version.....

That can't be right.... 100HP difference? That does not seem logical at all to me. I was figuring at least 250 if not closer to 280.

No matter how crazy Kawasaki wants to be, the governing bodies of our countries won't be so quick to allow a 280 hp street bike. I'm sure the restrictions are easily overcome.

I'm really excited to see what these bikes will start doing in the drag racing world. This must be an incredible platform to build a drag bike; should we consider the ZX14 & Hayabusa dethroned?

Here the link to the German newspaper:

Neuvorstellung Kawasaki Ninja H2 EICMA 2014 - Motorradnachrichten - MOTORRAD

It makes sense, the engine will last much longer with 200 HP and the torque curve is what really matters compared to not-supercharged bikes. Personally I am not in favor of all these crazy HPs, the bikes can only be controlled by very few riders. I think 200 HP is somehow really the limit for the street. Look at the new R1 just 199kg including everything and 200 HP that is more than almost all can handle. To keep the fatalities low the bikes are already equipped with all state of the art assistant systems but even so these are bikes for a few percent of capable riders. Now imagine really 300 HP even with lots of experience this is very difficult to handle and absolutely not needed at drivable speeds. Not even the Moto GP guys have this many HP now imagine all the normal people wanting such a bike to experience the acceleration. Well I would not feel save on the street.

I totally understand WHY they might be advertising it as only 200HP, but if the track bike is JUST a tuned version of the street bike with different aero's and such, then the HP numbers should not be so drastically different.

The R1 and Honda Bikes just announced have 200 HP but are NA, I just don't think it is true that the Street Version H2 is only 200hp when it has a supercharger.

Gonna have to wait to see the first dyno runs of stock bikes.

I totally understand WHY they might be advertising it as only 200HP, but if the track bike is JUST a tuned version of the street bike with different aero's and such, then the HP numbers should not be so drastically different.

The R1 and Honda Bikes just announced have 200 HP but are NA, I just don't think it is true that the Street Version H2 is only 200hp when it has a supercharger.

Gonna have to wait to see the first dyno runs of stock bikes.

Well they state the torque would be much more. The super charger can have a much broader usable power band and I think that will be better than the non-supercharged bikes. The HP number is only secondary and mainly important at very high speeds > 100 mph. The price will be anyway steep even for the street legal version the track version will be much much more. I guess one could change the loading pressure of the charger and get more HP from the street version but usually that wears down the engine.
More interesting will be the handling and the weight.

BTW Ducati announced a new Panigale with 205 HP and 1299cc. together with a 205 HP 1199 Panigale as a race version. It seems that there is really a new push in the super sport segment. Lets see what works in reality and what lasts longer than one season at the track.

Am I literally the only person who thinks a 525lb bike with 200 hp for $25K EU is moronic? I just don't get the hype of this thing at all. I'm sorry, but a 525 lb bike isn't a sport bike. It might make a good drag bike, but I don't want to hit the track with something 25lbs heavier than an FZ1.

It's about as much a sport bike as the Hayabusa and ZX-14. It's a 'hyper bike' for lack of a better term, an all out speed machine. You're just focused on the numbers which are hardly relevant because peak power is obviously heavily restricted on the street version. It's a supercharged 1000 cc, it's going to have a torque curve dreams are made of

Am I literally the only person who thinks a 525lb bike with 200 hp for $25K EU is moronic? I just don't get the hype of this thing at all. I'm sorry, but a 525 lb bike isn't a sport bike. It might make a good drag bike, but I don't want to hit the track with something 25lbs heavier than an FZ1.

I agree with Dustin, the bike will have power everywhere! Let's see how the handling is, weight is only one point, the engine will be heavier because it must be more robust to withstand the power and of course the additional components. However geometry and weight distribution is also very important. Look at the RSV4R it is not the lightest sportbike by far but handles best (well at least with my limited comparison and adding test reviews). More of a problem is the ugly front, a problem the R1 shares (well there it's only the lights).

I don't know since they decided to release two versions why H2 doesn't have a pillion seat...
They should make H2R one seater since it's the race version but not the H2 too.

I think it's all pointless speculation until people actually get to ride it. The internet is quick to shit on everything without information or context

Time will tell! I hope it's a winner for Kawasaki, expensive or not

Last edited:
I'll list the bikes I would rather have over the H2 in order (2014-2015 models)

R1 > Super Duke R > S1000R > S1000RR > R1M > R6 > RSV4 > my current Fz1 (she still gets love every where I go)

I think every bike I listed is 50-100 pounds lighter. The new R1/R1M/Super Duke R/S1000RR all have comparable hp-torque numbers

Back