Synergy-Tourmaster Heated jacket liner.

NightTrain

I finally decided to put all the massive layering and bulkiness aside. Just get this (or similar) heated garment and enjoy riding in cold weather. Hook-up of the harness was about 10 minutes total. Plug into the jacket, set the temp, voila! On the low setting I'm plenty warm for temps around 30-40. I am wearing it under a leather jacket. Medium is great for 20-30's at highway speeds. And the hi-setting? More like WELL-DONE! More than I will probably need. I use to get all bundled up to the point of looking like the Michelin Man, never again. The Synergy uses carbon-fiber heating elements that are very flexible, you will not be uncomfortable. No cumbersome wires to be found.

The thermostat could be smaller/more variable, but really I find no fault with it. There are jackets/vests out there that are a bit slicker but I wasn't willing to go much above the $180 I spent on the Synergy. One thing to note: if you plan on doing the heated glove thing, I would go with the jacket vs. the vest... it will make running the gloves an easier/more integrated deal (as far as the wiring connections go). Also get the absolute smallest size you feel comfortable in- you want this thing to hug you to get maximum effect. I found some used stuff online, but ended up going with something new as I was able to test fit it first... which ended up being a size smaller than usual.

So that's my take on the piece of gear. I would replace it if it was stolen. I could have made my own heated gear, but at the end of the day this thing is so well sorted and comfortable I just said "why not" and threw down the cash. I consider it a solid one-time purchase.

Tour Master :: Heated Apparel :: Synergy Electric Jacket Liner

Thanks for the writeup! Glad to know there are more and more products out there that get the job done right. There will come a time when I buy a bunch of heated gear, at least a jacket and gloves. This is a great option. :tup:

I know the feeling. I have the Gerbings heated jacket and gloves and as you say, these things are good riding in 20F and sometimes lower. On the Concours which has heated grips, a huge protective fairing, and a tall Cee Bailey aftermarket wind screen I'm good to go even lower yet I believe.

I picked up a friends Tour Master heated liner today. I just wired up my bike for it so tomorrow I'll get to try it out. He said I can use it all winter if I like since he doesn't ride in the winter anymore. :)

Wish I had friends like that. You will like it, trust me the high setting is serious.... I bet if you went camping you could use the synergy to cook something up, or at least give it a good re-heat :tup: May have to give it a try, lol.

I used my friend’s Tour Master heated liner this morning and it worked great. I had it on medium and I had to turn it down to low because I was roasting. If he lets me use his heated liner all winter I can than spend my money on something else. :)

Back