Tank Bag, anyone have one?

Thinking about picking up a Tank bag, since I cant have a backpack now that I have the Hit-Air airbag jacket.

Anyone have one that they can shed light on?

Thanks

I have one, used it enough to know that the magnets work well. Problem with the tank bag is that I like to lay directly on the tank when on the slab or in heavy wind. The bag gets me too high.

I have all soft luggage, just in case. Never use it once I figured out that all worked.

I usually ride with one on any bike I own. I started out with a Teknic magnetic bag that was expandable, though I never expanded it, and held pretty well. When I got a new bike, I didn't like the way the Teknic looked so I went to a Fieldsheer Access Tank Bag with the magnetic base. It's base is much stronger than the teknic. Each time I've dropped the bike, the tank bag doesn't budge.

I really like the Fieldsheer because you can unzip the bag but leave the base on the bike. Their other bags use the same base. They have a couple of bags bigger than the Access on closeout all over the place like the Contour, which is expandable and I think has backpack straps, or the eiffel.

Those are the only two brands I've used and I would recommend them both. I usually keep an extra face shield, hand cleaner, a small first aid kit, floss, and girly items in my tank bags. I also used it to mount my GPS.

I have 2 different bags. I have the Motopak GT Mini

.:: Welcome to motopakluggage.com - Premium sportbike and cruiser luggage bags ::.

This is nice if I want to go on a trip where I know I won't be laying on the tank. If you need to carry a bunch of stuff, this bag also expands. Here is a photo the bike so you can see what it looks like.

Picture051.jpg

I also have a Joe Rocket Manta

Joe Rocket Manta Tankbag Luggage Black -, STREET, Accessories Street, Motorcycle Luggage, Joe Rocket at Bob's Cycle Supply.

This is nice if I want a smaller bag for around town. With the Manta, I can lay on the tank, but about the only thing you are putting in it would be a shirt or jacket liner and a bottle of water. That will stuff the bag.

Love the Marsee bags. A bit pricey, but well worth the cash.

Also, if you buy a magnetic bag, be sure the magnets are "shielded" or "capped" to keep them from damaging memory cards, etc. that you'll carry in the bag.

Super 14

Thinking about picking up a Tank bag, since I cant have a backpack now that I have the Hit-Air airbag jacket.

Anyone have one that they can shed light on?

Thanks

I looked at this at the local dealer and it is a nice bag, size and material. The magnets are sizeable and stick well,(I tried it on one of the showroom bikes) and the underside is a unique material that is both soft and non slip. The magnetic one comes with the straps and a rain cover as well. I just want something for the camera and map book and this should work perfect. The sides are a nice shape and semi-ridgid.

Cortech :: Luggage :: Super 14 Liter Tank Bag

I will be picking it up next week and will post detailed pictures of my own, both on and off the bike.

This might interest you as well;
http://www.mcnews.com.au/ProductTests/Tankbag/Page1.htm
http://www.cycleluggage.com/rapid_transit__rtl6595001.html
http://www.motorcycle.com/products/marsee-tank-bags-2757.html

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...treet-Bike-Tank-Bags-Luggage-Accessories.aspx

Last edited:
I looked at this at the local dealer and it is a nice bag, size and material. The magnets are sizeable and stick well,(I tried it on one of the showroom bikes) and the underside is a unique material that is both soft and non slip. The magnetic one comes with the straps and a rain cover as well. I just want something for the camera and map book and this should work perfect. The sides are a nice shape and semi-ridgid.

Cortech :: Luggage :: Super 14 Liter Tank Bag

I will be picking it up next week and will post detailed pictures of my own, both on and off the bike.

I have a similar Cortech tank bag, but it may be only 10 liters in capacity. I agree with you about the quality. Well made and magnets stick very well. Attached is a pic on the bike.

That's it

I have a similar Cortech tank bag, but it may be only 10 liters in capacity. I agree with you about the quality. Well made and magnets stick very well. Attached is a pic on the bike.

It's hard to tell from the picture as the "super 10" and "super 14" are identical other than size. They also make a "super mini" at 8L capacity. New enough has the cheapest price that I have noticed so far.

I have two.

1st is tiny Gears Mini. I use this for very short trips where all I need to take is a camera and baseball cap.
2321d1269613903-tank-bag-anyone-have-one-mini.jpg

Gears Mini Luggage System/Map Holder - DennisKirk.com

2nd is a little bigger for day trips and cummute. It is a Gears I-Wire and I love it. In the image below I place my Tollways tag in the pouch where you see the iPod. I place my GPS and or iPhone in the pouch where you see the cell phone.
2322d1269613903-tank-bag-anyone-have-one-iwire.jpg

Gears I-Wire Tank Bag - DennisKirk.com

Last edited:
It's hard to tell from the picture as the "super 10" and "super 14" are identical other than size. They also make a "super mini" at 8L capacity. New enough has the cheapest price that I have noticed so far.

Yea I know mine isn't the "mini", but I bought it used (was used like twice), but I kind of remember the seller telling me it was the 10 L one. It's very handy for day trips when I just want to bring my camera, phone, baseball cap, etc.

I have the cortech 10l but I put it on the other way. Good bag except the map pocket is small and hard to load.

Last edited:
I have the cortech 10l but I put it on the other way. Good bag except the map pocket is small and hard to load.

Yea, I don't used the map pocket much so not that big a deal. I have actually used the pocket to hold my toll tag or GPS. As for mounting it I have tried it both ways so that's why it was in that position in the picture.

Back