TB Sync - High Idle Issue

I am a bit confused at this sync process. I started by setting the idle at 1300 rpm when the temperature hit 170F on the dash. I know for setting the PC3 opening and closing points the idle needs to be set at 170F. Then I performed the sync. However, the idle now has become really high to around 1900 rpm and doesn't drop to 1300 rpm until the temperature reaches 170F. I don't have any room left for lowering the idle - the adjustment screw almost loses contact with the idle adjustment lever under the fuel rail.

I also set the base #3 throttle body at 22.5 cmHg but when the temperature hits 170F, it becomes 26. Now the issue is that I am almost out of idle adjustment and am close to running out of TB sync screw threads too. I know if I turn the sync screws all the way in, the bike wouldn't start.

Should I start everything from scratch and in what order?

I think the problem maybe because I tried to set the #3 throttle body accurately at 22.5. I think the restrictors in the sync gauge tubes make it difficult to accurately set this reading. My #3 was not off by much originally, but I suspect it is not accurately set even if the gauge shows it correctly.

Back