Texas World Speedway - May 15th with LSTD

I took my wife out there in the Mustang via some of my favorite roads through Sam Houston National forest (routes Pyro and I take when on the bikes). I looked for you but did not see you. You may have been on that track at the time. I believe I saw your trailer and car.

Right around lunch time there looked to be a wreck in Lvl 2 on the last lap of the session. Lvl1 was delay even while my wife and I were heading out. As we were heading out Lvl1 just got started. Before we even got to the tunnel I saw a red flag being waved at corner 2. Someone in lvl1 went down on that first lap.

I took photos while my wife and I were spectating at corner 10. I will post a link to photos soon.

Sorry I missed you and your wife Brad. We just got home about 45 minutes ago. Stop by the in-laws and had dinner in Brenham.

I packed up after session six. My after lunch sessions were killer. In session five is was in a tight dice with a CBR600RR and session six with a GSXR750. It felt like the racing days of 25 years ago, it was really fun. I need to raise my gearing. Today I was out of gear BEFORE the finish line on the front straight. I held it in 6th at 13,000, the best I got was an indicated 157. For TWS I need to go up one gear on the front sprocket. I had drive like mad until the finish line, then the whole world went by. By turn 4 to 5 I had them reeled back in. :looseit:

With the new exhaust the bike wasn't pulling over the top well. With the Hindle I could pull to 14,250, with the Arrow, 12,500 to 13,000 was it. This really limited my power band from 10,000 to 12,500. When it was on the pipe it was strong, but needs to pull all why over to say with the big boys. I'll get her down to AF1 in a week or two for a re-tune.

I had Roger from On-Road/Off-Road work on the suspension last track day and it worked great. We raised the rear end and bumped up the pre-load on the front. The bike turned in much better and I was able to trail brake deeper without the front end bottoming.

The Q2's continue to fully impress me, not one slip, even at 56 degrees this morning. They stick like glue. I could ham fist the bike in the power band with no problems at all. Very good wear too, there are two track days left, maybe three. That will make a total of 5 or 6.

Only one guy had a bad pass on me. He totally broke the 6 foot rule and passed me at the turn into 1 at the #2 marker, (156 mph), and I could have touched him. Needless to say I had words from him after that session.

Overall I like this club better than Ride Smart. RS is very red flag happy, here they are not. Also with such a small turn out there is plenty of room, and few choo-choo trains. Lone Star also offers one-on-one instruction for only $50, and a CMRA license for $75.

Last edited:
Back