Tony (NJFZ1) YZF1000 Pics!

Here ya go Adam. Probably not what you expected. Yes it's a Kawi.

Ivan.jpg

IvansKawi.jpg

So Ivan basically rides like a squid. Not too bright, even if he is the performance master he claims.

Yea, I was surprised to see him w/o any gear other than his helmet. Especially since it was a cool day so there was no real excuse (not that there ever is) for not wearing a jacket and gloves.

Lovely and beautiful bike! I always loved how the Thunderace looked. Would love to snag one cheap? What is the power and torq like?

Well if you look around enough you may be able to find a decent one for around $3k or so. Only problen is getting parts as some things are unique to that model and it was only imported one year (1997). Power is probably more in line with a Gen I. Definitely does not have the top end hit of a modified Gen II bike.

Last edited:
protection

Don't let that fool you though. That is one sick bike. It's gotten the full Ivan treatment and according to him (I didn't see the dysno sheet) it puts out over 170 RWHP :eek:

All the more reason to be wearing full gear. This summer I was riding around Kamloops B.C. and it was 43C, I still had full leathers, and yes it was uncomfortable when I wasn't moving, but not as bad as road rash would be.:banghead:

All the more reason to be wearing full gear. This summer I was riding around Kamloops B.C. and it was 43C, I still had full leathers, and yes it was uncomfortable when I wasn't moving, but not as bad as road rash would be.:banghead:

I couldn't agree more...I was in no way condoning his lack of safety gear. Frankly I was in shock when I saw him arrive, but I was not going to give a grown man a lecture about safety gear...to each his own.

I couldn't agree more...I was in no way condoning his lack of safety gear. Frankly I was in shock when I saw him arrive, but I was not going to give a grown man a lecture about safety gear...to each his own.

Boy! I'm glad Tony didn't see me riding a week before we went up to Poughkeepsie! I just spared me one lecture!!:spank2:

soap box

My intent was not a soap box lecture although it probably came across that way. I was in an emergency ward back in the 80's and the guy behind the next curtain, (a grown man) was screaming despite large doses of anestetic as they pick gravel out of his exposed muscles after a bike crash. It was kind of creepy. Decided there and then ,that would never be me !:deadhorse:

My intent was not a soap box lecture although it probably came across that way. I was in an emergency ward back in the 80's and the guy behind the next curtain, (a grown man) was screaming despite large doses of anestetic as they pick gravel out of his exposed muscles after a bike crash. It was kind of creepy. Decided there and then ,that would never be me !:deadhorse:

Hey! We hear ya Oldschool! When you throw your leg over that bike you should at least try and protect yourself with whatever the best gear that you can afford. Even if that means a leather jacket and heavy jeans with boots. Anything to lessen the chance of pavement meeting skin!

Back