Tony (NJFZ1) YZF1000 Pics!

I know that Tony was waiting for these. Sorry I took so long but this bug has left me literally immobilized most of each day. I'm going to see the Dr. tomorrow. So without further adeiu........the YZF Shots, compliments of the best Photog I know, (I don't know any others!), Ray (CanonFuji), from Bear Mountain last Sunday. There was a major turnout and of course I missed it!

TonysYZF.jpg

TonysYZF-1.jpg

SideShot.jpg

SideShot2.jpg

Closeup.jpg

TonyAndIvan-1.jpg

There you have it. I hope you like the photos. Now I gotta go and soak!

Hey thanks for posting those up Billy and thank you Ray for taking those great shots.

Billy I hope you feel better soon man. It sucks to be sick, but being sick and not being able to work on the bike is even worse.

Hey thanks for posting those up Billy and thank you Ray for taking those great shots.

Billy I hope you feel better soon man. It sucks to be sick, but being sick and not being able to work on the bike is even worse.

Thanks Tony! Although I felt a little better today, I'm still going to see the doctor tomorrow. It can't be right to have fever over 102.5 for more than three days. Something is definitely wrong.

who is the mystery man -- or if ya tell us, you'll have to give us our cement shoes and toss us in the river??

Great bike Tony :tup:

Just some guy with out his permission I didn't want to show his face. No biggie. He's not in the witness protection program or anything. Just a regular guy.

:th_smiley_rotfl2[1] That's too funny Billy...I think you can tell them who he really is. You're not showing his face or anything and I don't think it was a secret that he was up on the mountain :)

well, I had heard the name mentioned in another thread......expert in a certain field of the FZ in that neck of the woods??

who is the mystery man -- or if ya tell us, you'll have to give us our cement shoes and toss us in the river??

Great bike Tony :tup:

Well you know this is NY after all so what size shoes do you wear...:jk:

Thanks for the compliment. It needs some cosmetic work, but in those pictures or from 20 feet away it looks great.

Just some guy with out his permission I didn't want to show his face. No biggie. He's not in the witness protection program or anything. Just a regular guy.

Hey Billy what's with all the cloak and dagger nonsense? He's not a futurative. It's Ivan.......:tup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey Tony your welcome. Great meeting up with you and Ivan. LOVE THE BIKE. I hope we can all meet up and take a run before the cold sets in.

Sweet ride and thanks for sharing the pics!

So Tony? It is what you expected it would be for a ride experience?

Oh, I knew what to expect :D. I've owned a few of these '97 YZF1000's. Power wise it's comparable to a Gen I FZ1 and handling is probably a little better since it's a bit lighter with a shorter wheelbase. Billy would probably be the best one to comment on that since he rode my YZF back to my place when we picked it up and we know he's riden quite a few miles on his FZ1.

Oh, I knew what to expect :D. I've owned a few of these '97 YZF1000's. Power wise it's comparable to a Gen I FZ1 and handling is probably a little better since it's a bit lighter with a shorter wheelbase. Billy would probably be the best one to comment on that since he rode my YZF back to my place when we picked it up and we know he's riden quite a few miles on his FZ1.

My impressions were immediate. The YZF is definitely not an FZ1. The YZF tracked so straight and true where the FZ1 is a little quirkier. The power was about the same although being on more of a sportbike might have made me feel that it was faster. Despite the clip-ons, my forearms were just fine after 85 miles. It was my legs that were killing me. I attest that to having bad circulation, being overweight, and not in prime shape. After about an hour, I was dying for a stoplight in order to stretch my legs. Once I was able to stop for just a minute or so, I was good to go the rest of the way. I was also on the stock seat as we opted not to use the Corbin yet due to the fact that it needed cleaning. All in all it was a great bike. I had a ball riding it that day!

Back