Top Sellerie Seat

Top Sellerie Seat review

Hatonseat.jpg

Yesterday I finally was able to take my FZ out for it’s maiden voyage for 2011. It is still quite cool in these parts so I was in full cold weather gear in my Revit jacket and pants. The pants had both the rain and quilted liners in them so I was a bit bulkier than normal. The Top Sellerie seat was bought used (lightly) from another member of the Forum, and so I do not know its full specifications. I was also riding solo so I cannot speak to the passenger pad’s performance either.

First off, aesthetically, it is very nicely matched to the bike and as a pair they two work nicely together. This is a very subjective thing though and the rear “hump” may not “do it” for some.

Secondly, the construction and materials seems top notch. The forward material is very grippy, helping prevent slipping forward on hard deceleration. The center material allows shifting from side to side easily without any binding during corner transitions. The outside edge of the “hump” has the same grippy material that is found at the front few inches of the pilot seat. This material should help the passenger keep from sliding forward during stops, and is also found on the rear of the passenger pad.

I found the Yamaha “Comfort” gel seat comfortable on long rides and could easily ride off a tank of fuel without being uncomfortable between stops. The Top Sellerie seat is very different but was also comfortable for the 2 plus hours between fuel stops. The rear ridge or “hump” keeps you planted, not allowing very much fore and aft movement like the stock or “comfort” seat. This is not a bad thing, just different, and certainly helps on hard launches. I found having the padding behind me allowed me to shift pressure points just enough that I could stay comfortable without moving around on the seat like I had to with the old “comfort” seat. In around town riding the seat “disappears” which speaks to the comfort and natural fit. You just don’t think about it. It is softer than either the OEM or the Yamaha Gel (Comfort) seats but works better than the OEM, and for me slightly better than the Comfort seat. I had no sore spots from pressure points after riding.

In summary: I find the Top Sellerie seat a slight improvement over the Yamaha Gel (Comfort seat) in comfort. A big improvement in looks and control. Is it worth the price of new? I don’t know as I bought it second hand. Was it worth the money I paid? Absolutely Yes! :yes:

TSseat.jpg

TopSellerieinstalled.jpg

Nice write-up Lee! You've mirrored much of my reviews of the seat in the past. For me, it was well worth the money even at full price. My wife feels the same and as soon as we can free up money from outside projects, she will be ordering one for her too. For me, remaining planted front to back was a great thing and it still allows side to side movement for the corners.

You don't get an Iron Butt with a TS Saddle! You keep a "cush tush" !!

Last edited:
Back