Ventura 'Imola' 14-22Litre Seat Bag

Bought a Ventura seat bag today, actually it's my Fathers Day present :)
Fitted it this afternoon. Had to do a lot of fine tuning for the base to fit the back seat. Not because the product is bad, just because Yamaha made the back seat area to be, how do I put it, totally useless!

Because if you want anything other than the tool kit under the seat or strap anything to the seat, the seat won't lock down! It's because there is no room what so-ever for anything under there. There's no tolerance for even the straps to go around under the seat! Thats why the straps look like spagetti in my pics. It's still a bit of a wresling match to lock the rear seat down.

The bag is quite impressive, it's small but has plenty of room for it's size. The clips are very sturdy and secure the bag to the base on the bike well.
I haven't had a chance to ride with it on yet, but just sitting on the bike I find the bag is not to far forward for me. Although the pics may have the bag look too far forward. I suppose it depends on the size of your rear end :poke:

www.ventura-bike.com/products/seatbag/sb0622

Here in Australia they retail for $120. The bike dealers I rang all quoted the RRP as their price. Even one dealer has the bag on their on-line shop for the same price.

In the US, the first place I found on the net was here www.ventura-mca.com/products/seatbag and it's $99 for you in the USA.

Ventura seat bag01.jpg

Ventura seat bag02.jpg

Ventura seat bag03.jpg

Ventura seat bag04.jpg

Ventura seat bag05.jpg

Ventura seat bag06.jpg

Unfortunaly like you said there is no space under the seat for even a wallet, so i ride with a backpack, but that seems much better and a lot spacious, besides looking good.

Thanks Mav! Yeah I wanted something other than a backpack and was shy about using tank bags, bolt on racks, etc...
The Ventura bag even has a handle on the end to carry it around.

Scotty that looks like a nice solution for when you're riding alone. I too wish our bikes had more storage space. I end up using my Cortech magnetic tank bag when I need to carry small stuff. However, like with anything else that you can't lock down it's a hassle because you then have to worry about it if you leave your bike unattended.

Scotty that looks like a nice solution for when you're riding alone. I too wish our bikes had more storage space. I end up using my Cortech magnetic tank bag when I need to carry small stuff. However, like with anything else that you can't lock down it's a hassle because you then have to worry about it if you leave your bike unattended.

Thanks Tony.
Yeah true about not being able to lock them down. This bag is in the same boat, I've just got to unclip it and take it with me...

G'day Scotty. Been using mine for two years now, and it is awesome. You can always strap it to the top of a swag or other bag when you go touring as well.

The down side for me is it flops over to the side and also the clips have marked the plastic on the tail section.

My suggestion for this is to get some very heavy braided line, and stitch the clip webbing closer to the centre of the bra. :tup:

I've been meaning to do it to mine, but it's no hurry as mine is already scratched:cry:

Looks interesting! Thanks for sharing.

I have under my seat the tool kit, a Stop N' Go tire repair kit, a mini mag light, roll of electrical tape, 10 zip ties, and the CO2 to fill a tire with air. I think it has plenty of room when packed properly.

If I put on the Copperdog seat cowl, then I double that space with the area in his cowl that I can put stuff into.

G'day Scotty. Been using mine for two years now, and it is awesome. You can always strap it to the top of a swag or other bag when you go touring as well.

The down side for me is it flops over to the side and also the clips have marked the plastic on the tail section.

My suggestion for this is to get some very heavy braided line, and stitch the clip webbing closer to the centre of the bra. :tup:

I've been meaning to do it to mine, but it's no hurry as mine is already scratched:cry:

Thanks Ozzie, I was looking at the clips and wondering if they can bash the paint work. Does it just do it when the bag is not on, or does it happen regardless?
I'll have to go buy the wife some more flowers and bribe her to do some sewing for me then, as she's an industrial seamstress, so that won't be a problem. I'll have a look at the bra. Thanks.

Looks interesting! Thanks for sharing.

I have under my seat the tool kit, a Stop N' Go tire repair kit, a mini mag light, roll of electrical tape, 10 zip ties, and the CO2 to fill a tire with air. I think it has plenty of room when packed properly.

If I put on the Copperdog seat cowl, then I double that space with the area in his cowl that I can put stuff into.

Now ya just showing off Eric :poke: :D

Last edited:
The clips will rattle against the plastic when it's bagless, and when the bag is on it will (especially after you've overloaded it a few times and it's stretched) sit off to one side, and rub. But I reckon if you were to grab the clip and lay it flat by pulling it towards the centre of the bra, and then stitch it down that problem would go away completely......just be a little less comfy for your pillion...lol. And yep. No probs for a pillion to sit on the bra either.

I might do it tonight, just to see. I'll post up some pics etc. when I'm done.:)

Sorry mate. Still haven't gotten there yet. Went out for a quick test ride with my new helmet, and my bro had a bingle, so spent a few hours getting him sorted and back home.

OK. Done. I stitched the webbing to the bra using 80lb braided fishing line, so it'll never break, and the result is good so far. The bag doesn't flop about as much, and the clips sit up pretty well. I reckon I'll stitch the two sides of the webbing together also as the clip can still move to face outwards (and hence onto the plastic).

Some really awful pics...lol....

Before....and yes, I've been riding in the rain.

View attachment 3957

This one shows the clips facing the correct direction after stitching, but you'll see I've turned the front left one down to face outwards still. I reckon if I stitch the webbing together just below where the clip goes through it, it won't happen by itself.

View attachment 3958

Close up. You can just make out the stitches. Pink braid...lol.

Hope this helps anyhow.:tup:

View attachment 3959

Scott, did you end up doing the mod to the seat bra? Could you let us know how you went and how the bag is going after some use?

Rgds,

PK

A bit of an update.

I was a bit over the fact that I had to push down hard to get the seat to lock in due to the straps underneath the seat. So I have changed a few things that have made the seat fit perfectly now.

First 3 pics are the front straps, one I cut down and both are bolted down. But, the straps have not been cut to make the holes for the bolts to go thru, they have just been worked open in one spot by a hole punch that has a small point to open up the weave to create a hole.

View attachment 5955
View attachment 5956
View attachment 5957

The back strap in the next pic holds the seat up and the seat has to be pushed down hard. So I added a washer under the rear bracket to slightly elevate the seat and allow enough room for the strap underneath the seat.
View attachment 5958
View attachment 5959

Back