Veteran's Day

coalt45

As Veteran's Day nears I want to thank those who have served before me and along side of me, as well as the spouses, the children and the extend family for understanding when we can't be there because duty calls. Everyone who has served will tell you there comes a point where it is no longer a job but a calling. For those who support us thank you, you are indeed why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! The U.S. is one of only a few countries where the military is 100% voluntary. When people stand up and fight for their rights by CHOICE, then there is no stronger commitment. Thank you all, past, present and future military!

It was an honor to serve for my country! Go Army!

Active duty - U.S. Army 23 Sept 1983 - 20 Feb 1986

My time in the Army was all peace-time but battle-ready.

Last edited:
As Veteran's Day nears I want to thank those who have served before me and along side of me, as well as the spouses, the children and the extend family for understanding when we can't be there because duty calls. Everyone who has served will tell you there comes a point where it is no longer a job but a calling. For those who support us thank you, you are indeed why.

No problem... glad to serve... and had a good time doing it... when else would I have gotten the chance to see so many interesting parts of the world?? The architecture in Iraq is amazing... even if I was kind of preoccupied with other things at the time... we were out on patrol one day... and it just kind of sunk in as we drove through the area around the Tigris and the Euphrates... it hits you and you're like..."this is the fertile crescent... this is like... biblical" ... same thing happened going around the area that would have been Babylon... it's all pretty amazing.

Active Duty Army 11 Aug 99 - 20 Dec 03
19D Cavalry Scout
Kuwait/ Iraq September 2002 - October 2003

2nd A.D. 1st Batt. 67th reg. 5th platoon 19k M1 Tank crewman
11/86/11/88 Thank you all my brothers before and after me,was MY pleasure. :america:

we miss ya Ronnie!

Last edited:
Thanks to all who serve, have served or support those who serve. I could never get past question 20.

Me: 24.5 years civilian law enforcement
Dad: WWII USAAC
Father-in-Law 20 years USAF, Korea and Viet Nam
Cousin: USMC, 4 years; peace time and battle ready

And, Happy 234th Birthday, USMC.

Back