Videos from 18 and 19 Sep 2010

After finally getting my wide angle lenses and figuring out where I wanted to mount my cameras, I still only ended up with one POV! :doh2: I guess I need to get faster at mounting them and make sure they start when I press start.:embarrased:

Anyway, here's some more single pov video.

The first is a speed limit Dragon Run on Saturday morning. I had a relative new rider (on a Gen2 FZ1) on my tail and had seen several LEOs earlier in the morning. One even tested my modded radar detector (that I added a headphone jack to--and it works!!) so I decided not to take any chances:
Saturday Dragon Run on 18 Sep 2010

Next, Laurel Creek RD later that afternoon. We encountered tons of traffic and had to change our planned route:
Laurel Creek RD

Finally, an even slower Dragon run from Sunday morning. Stuck behind some SUV drivers who didn't want to use the pullouts. :rant: I was going to turn around, but kyfa25 kept going so we toughed it out. Similar LEO presence delayed the inevitable pass and even then I stayed behind a little longer. This one is from Cruzman's Tank:
Sunday Dragon Run

Hopefully next time I'll get the hang of using multiple cameras and can post the type of videos I can watch all the way through!

Last edited:
After watching the Isle of Man yesterday, I'll have one on the mirror stem and one on the rad cover. Mirror stem gives the effect of just hanging in the air, rad cover (with wide angle lens) gets the front tire like these.

I use velcro onewrap ties.

mirror stem:
DSCF4039.JPG

DSCF4038.JPG
DSCF4037.JPG

rad cover:
DSCF4041.JPG

DSCF4042.JPG
DSCF4044.JPG

Front view:
DSCF4043.JPG

Now, rear facing d011
DSCF4034.JPG
DSCF4035.JPG

DSCF4036.JPG

I'll get Cruzman to send you pics of his tank mount (that was used on the Sunday Dragon run) that he made from a Garmin mount and broken lever plus some one wrap velcro.

Last edited:
I got my 180° lens from ebay, that's like what's on the tank mount.
180 °13mm Fisheye Lens Attachment Camera Cell Phone - eBay

This is the same thing, for a couple of dollars more:
DealExtreme: $16.75 15mm Detachable 180-Degree Wide Angle Fish Eye Lens for Cell Phones and Compact Digital Cameras

Try this for the .68x, like I use on the rad cover I got it from here while it was on sale and it looks like it is again for another 3 days.
eBay - Tele + Wide Angle Lens Kit for Blackberry Curve 8900

Those were the best deals I could find. You might have to glue the magnetic ring to the D001 for it to stick permanently.

Last edited:
Back