Watsen Micro Alloy L.E.D. Flushmounts

It took some time, but I finally have my new Watsen Flushmounts. They are the new Micro alloy style. They contain a single high intensity L.E.D. They are very small, light, and very bright. Easily seen in the daytime, and fantastic in the dark. They have no issue with flash rate, no noticeable change from stock. I payed for the optional running light module, ($20.00) that clips between the leads on the lights and the factory hook up point. The running lights are brighter than stock and you can see the yellow glow from them in the dark.
The instructions are basic, and don't mention that there is a right and a left for the modules. When I hooked up the left side first the flash rate was way off, (too fast), even though I carefully aligned the wires at the clip with the coresponding factory clip. I switched with the other module and they worked perfect. Just keep this in mind when installing. There is no clip on the Watsen module at the end that plugs into the bike side as he makes the plug himself, rather than use the factory"female" plug. You have to be gentle plugging in, as the pins in the "male" plug are tiny and delicate. I used self sealing rubber tape to insure the clip would stay together, and not vibrate against the fairing. It warns in the directions NOT to shorten the wire leads. This is because he uses resistance wire, instead of a resistor to insure proper flash rate. So heed the instructions.
The finish quality is great! Paint a perfect match, and no flaws in the finish. I picked mine up right at his shop in Calgary Alberta. I was shown around and saw a group of other lights sitting on a foam pad ready for packaging. He carefully packs the lights so that the painted surfaces never touch each other or anything else. There are cheaper flushmounts out there, but in my opinion, none better. All told I paid $120.00 taxes in.

Last edited:
Yes, those are very nice indeed. I have the original Watsen LED's F&R on my bike and they look and work great. Very bright even during the day.

IMG_0281R1.jpg

IMG_0282R1.jpg

06_Fender_Eliminator.jpg

Very nice! I am jealous! ;) Maybe when bonus time comes next spring!

Plus don't forget he gives a lifetime warranty! :tup:

Lucky man! This will probably be the first year in a while I do not get a bonus. Unfortunately, it is not due to a lack of hard work on my part but an inability to drum up business by our attorneys. :(

I do like these. Can anyone compare the styling of these compared to Copper Dawgs(CD) signals. Has anyone seen both up close in person? I know CDs are pretty durn expensive. (maybe I just have to wait for 2010s bonus.)

Lucky man! This will probably be the first year in a while I do not get a bonus. Unfortunately, it is not due to a lack of hard work on my part but an inability to drum up business by our attorneys. :(

Almost all companies I worked for in the past did not pay anything for bonuses. This place has paid out 3 of 4 years and the one year they did not pay out was company performance and not one person in the place got a dime. The flip side was, the next year, we turned it into the second best year ever and they paid out BIG TIME! Good news is? This year is well ahead of THAT great year! :D I love this job! :tup:

Sorry you're not getting one but I hope they pick up the slack soon!!!

FZ1inNH you better be hoping for a huge bonus. I think just about every thread ive read about mods youve mentioned getting with your bonus next spring. But hey I understand ya. They are some great looking mods. good luck my friend.

FZ1inNH you better be hoping for a huge bonus. I think just about every thread ive read about mods youve mentioned getting with your bonus next spring. But hey I understand ya. They are some great looking mods. good luck my friend.

It is typically enough to buy another bike! ;)

Back