Well the FZ went down

Yea he was wearing some of my extra gear. I saw those retro kits on eBay. Has anyone tried them? Do they fit well? I know some of the kits they sell on there don't fit quite right. Took the nose apart yesterday, looks like a headlight housing is in order, and some radiator mounts.

Glad you or your father made out of the wreck OK. If you want it or need it I have a nice new stock exhaust (end can) Complete with cables. They (as you know) weigh a ton, so cover the cost of shipping and you can have it.

IDK if I would like a white bike. My other one is black, this one was "granite gray". I just prefer a dark bike I guess. The pics of the kit it looks good, but how long does it stay clean is the question.

IDK if I would like a white bike. My other one is black, this one was "granite gray". I just prefer a dark bike I guess. The pics of the kit it looks good, but how long does it stay clean is the question.

Buy the retro kit and I'll swap my Cobalt Blue stuff for it! I'll throw in some cash for wear....

I have the 2012 Pearl White and you only see the dirt on the black parts. We have white dirt in the midwest. :) Really, I have to clean the wheels and tire hugger more than any other part. Of course the bugs are easier to see on the front fairing and fender.

488670.jpg

Tada!

I'm curious how the retro kit fits. The listing says "factory Yamaha" but I have my doubts.

The Retro kit is 100% Yamaha, it fits like any other factory piece. The dealer swapped out the original granite gray parts for the retro kit before I ever threw a leg over it and no one would know it because the parts are the same, just painted in a different finish. If you need a tank and fairing I suspect you will be paying far more just for those two pieces than the price on eBay for the whole kit 'n kaboodle which includes the red front fender, fairing, tank, tank shroud, seat tail pieces, and rear seat cowl. It's a bargain at the price being asked. And you'll have an example that you won't see very often on the street, if ever. The kit does not include side radiator covers or side panels below the seat because these pieces don't get changed.

Good luck.

large.jpg

:tup: Good to hear you're getting her back together and you dad is OK
kudos on the retro kit...can't have two granite grey FZ's in town ;)

Ordered Retro Kit this morning, and headlights, need a right peg, bars, right "dash cover", then should be on the road again.

Good to know you are on your way to getting back on the road. I called about the '09 blue parts, but the owner was gone for the week on a motorcycle trip and no one else could tell me if they even had the parts, let alone how much they oils be. I was going to call again Monday, but I see you ordered the retro kit. I think you will be happy with it. I want one, but I can't justify the price without a legitimate need.

Good luck with it all. I hope you can add some pictures of the repair process. Good luck.

Right peg bracket

So, I guess the riders right peg bracket, the one with the rear brake master on it, is on back order for the next month or so. That is the only part of the peg I need. Does anyone have one?

So, I guess the riders right peg bracket, the one with the rear brake master on it, is on back order for the next month or so. That is the only part of the peg I need. Does anyone have one?

I have a complete set I am willing to part with. $125 plus shipping.

progress pics

Got to rebuilding over the last couple of days. Here is how it's gone.

[URL=http://s616.photobucket.com/user/The_KRAKR/media/null_zps2a47af79.jpg.html]

null_zps8714073c.jpg
[/URL]

Now just a bit of bar end customization for the bar end mirrors, and waiting for the right peg bracket to show and she is on the road again.

Ended up putting the front brake master/res off of a 2009 R1 on it, my buddy had one with the ASV shorties on so I couldn't say no. The whole thing was 20 bucks more than Yamaha wanted just for the stock brake lever. Bahahaha. Cant wait to ride it again.

Last edited:
Back