What did you do to your FZ today?

I DID IT!!! I'm not one to give up. I got my ELS +4 Ignition Advancer installed.

New vs. Old:
IMG_20120727_171211.jpg

Installed:
IMG_20120727_171420.jpg

Okay so I cheated a bit and used my newly purchased
IMG_20120727_171433.jpg

Because I couldn't get the bolt off with
IMG_20120727_171732.jpg

Took longer to get the new air impact wrench and hose together than it did to swap out the advancers. The sound of the air tool is cool because it's connect to my little compressor and my little garage.

Today was a beautiful day for a ride so myself and 2 mates went for a ride.
About 1/2 hour into the ride I ran over something on the road and immediately got a flat rear tyre.

So all I did today was fix a flat rear tyre with my tyre repair kit and then I limped back home, leaving my mates to carry on :(

Where is that RAM mount mounted? Cool, concise setup but looks like the bars are pretty close and may obstruct your view.

I made a custom screw to replace the philips holding the trim piece on. This screw has some substantial metal behind it for sturdiness. I got a 5mm hardened cap screw & brazed a 1/4-20 F thread thing that's like a nut but more thread and smaller in diameter. The Ram ball with the 1/4-20 M screws into that with red loctite. To keep the bolt from unscrewing I put a 5mm nut on the back side to lock the threads together. The bars are not in the way at all when seated.

How does the brightness and visibility of the tail light compare to the stock? I've been eyeing these for a while now.

I think it looks great, the sequencing blinkers are real attention grabbers as are the pulsing brakelights. I have LED's up front for signals so I did not use the resistors put in a Superbrightleds.com LFS-1-flat, plugged right in.

Today was a beautiful day for a ride so myself and 2 mates went for a ride.
About 1/2 hour into the ride I ran over something on the road and immediately got a flat rear tyre.

So all I did today was fix a flat rear tyre with my tyre repair kit and then I limped back home, leaving my mates to carry on :(
Did you get it fixed? Good day out riding today!

I took a short ride today to get used to the new advancer. Only a little over 200 miles. I think more rides are needed :D Bike is much smoother now at any rpm and I think the idle sound is different too but that could be my imagination because I know I did something to the bike. I averaged 45 mpg too and it wasn't all leisurely riding.

modified my ignition pickup for a 4degree advance. [EDIT I had not removed enough material for a full 4 degrees advance, only advanced 2.6 degrees at this point]
Ran though 2 tanks of gas.
I love free stuff that actualy works :cheerleader:
So far I've seen an average of a 6.5% increase in fuel economy.
utf-8BSU1HMDAzNTktMjAxMjA3MjgtMTgxMS5qcGc.jpg

Last edited:
modified my ignition pickup for a 4degree advance.
Ran though 2 tanks of gas.
I love free stuff that actualy works :cheerleader:
So far I've seen an average of a 6.5% increase in fuel economy.
utf-8BSU1HMDAzNTktMjAxMjA3MjgtMTgxMS5qcGc.jpg

Not to savy on this mod. What does that achieve? Thanks.
opps, just read your post again, better mileage...

need help please

I know this is the wronge place to ask but i cant seem to find out how to start a new thread...ijust bought a 2011 fz1 and the gearing is very tall for my type of riding. I was wondering what the stock rear sprocket is. I know the front is 17 and a gen1 used a 16. I was thinking -1+2 but idk what the stock rear is.also will this work with the stock 116 linķ chain. Sorry for the long post and wronge location. Help starting a new thread would also be appreciated.

Back