What did you do to your FZ today?

Installed FZ8 risers on. Its a pretty tight fit but I think it'll work and they look way better.

spn: Let us know how the Plasti-Dip holds up. I'd like to paint the pass. pegs and a few other things too.

Matt

I havent ridden with them yet but yes they are lower. They were a bit tough to get to fit. The cables want to keep the bars up but after adjusting the brake line a bit they screwed down nice. It is a slim fit to the fork adjusters tho

Matt

I love it, I am also using a superbike bar with it.

I yanked the wheels off of it to bring them to the shop tomorrow to have new tires put on. Don't try this at home... :evillaugh:

551925_4530348463609_681927581_n.jpg

Is that a sacrificial plug socket near the pipe wrench? Thats how I got my front axle out.

Yes... but I didn't really have to sacrifice it. I used the pipe wrench you can see in the picture to turn the socket. It lightly marked the socket but I wouldn't go so far as to say I sacrificed it. :tup:

I cut about 3" off the top of my Zero Gravity shield. Much better!

And thanks Firefly for answering the question above. Sorry for not looking at the page before.

Last edited:
Was hopping to run up Mt Baker today but the coulds didn't lift. So after work the hill to the South were OK so I went for a spirted run up the Mt Loop Hwy out of Darrington. Was fun going, turned around at Barlow pass and had the sun and shadows to deal with. Stopped in to see the ore car full of gold.
001-2.jpg
[/IMG]

Stopped in at Big 4 for a rest up.
003.jpg
[/IMG]

Took some twisty stuff home, was a good tank of fuel well spent.

Dyno

Well, I got down to Moto Millano in Windham,ME. for a dyno run today..The bike made 133Hp and 69 ft lbs of torque with a Yoshi slip on and gutted cat. The bike hasn't been optimized with a pc5 yet but I have some parts on order...will report back with finish numbers after a custom tune.

Lust us know about them tires. are they great corner huggers ? Your bike is sweet lookin.

Yes, looking forward to a review. I'm considering these for my 919

Compared to the original PR1s, these have all kinds of grip and are much more comfortable on the street. Turn-in is great, but I also went with a 190/55 R17 in back so it may not be a fair comparison.

I'm still tweaking my suspension settings with the taller tire, but it I'm really glad I went with the PR3s...
:thewave:

Back