What did you do to your FZ today?

I actually got to sit on what may very well be my "new to me" GenII Retro fitted FZ1 on this past Saturday! I even took a quick jaunt around the parking lot. I can't wait! If all goes well, "Ben" will be home with me in April! Yes, his name is Ben and I am sworn not to change it. Strict orders!

IMG_0443_zps0ecf0d09.jpg

I actually got to sit on what may very well be my "new to me" GenII Retro fitted FZ1 on this past Saturday! I even took a quick jaunt around the parking lot. I can't wait! If all goes well, "Ben" will be home with me in April! Yes, his name is Ben and I am sworn not to change it. Strict orders!

IMG_0443_zps0ecf0d09.jpg

Wooooooo! Hoooooooo!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

IMG_0443_zps0ecf0d09.jpg

Nice, I love the retro schemes.

Installed flasher relay, no more quick flashing.
Installed "Bad Boy" horn. Very loud. (re positioned regulator to original horn position)
Installed Speedo Healer
Performed "white connector" upgrade.
Installed 15 tooth front sprocket

Purchased R1 forks, rotors, calipers, wheel, lower spindle, Fender.

Now I just need the upper triple from a Gen II Fz1 and some bearings and I"m all SET!

Last edited:
Installed "Bad Boy" horn. Very loud. (re positioned regulator to original horn position)!

Hey! I just got my Bad Boy Max horn on order, let me know if you had any difficulty installing it to the stock wiring and mount, is that what you are referring to?

The other day I was coming home from work and riding next to a minivan packed with kids. I was next to them for ~1/2 mile between lights and mommy driver looked up from her phone like for two or three glances the whole distance. I tapped my stock horn (meep meep - think Roadrunner)) and she didn't react, so then I decided to upgrade so that I can lay into it.

Also will help when I pass the golf course tee-boxes... love laying into the horn when duffers begin their down-swing! :sinister:

I pulled mine out of winter hibernation .
I installed the PIAA headlights, the new bar end, CRG Arrow bar end mirror, powder coated rear footpegs and the dirtdoad modded seat.
I got in a short ride. I mean short, 4 houses down the road I turned around because the roads are ice covered still.
It was still freaking awsome because it has been a long COOOOLD winter around here, and we are getting more snow this week!

Installed my re-flashed ecu, fired it up to hear my Yoshi R77 for the first time.:Rockon:

Now I need to pull the header off and re-install the stock pipe for the fed inspection as i just found out that they will look for the EPA 80db (A) stamp.:tdown:

I pulled mine out of winter hibernation .
I installed the PIAA headlights, the new bar end, CRG Arrow bar end mirror, powder coated rear footpegs and the dirtdoad modded seat.
I got in a short ride. I mean short, 4 houses down the road I turned around because the roads are ice covered still.
It was still freaking awsome because it has been a long COOOOLD winter around here, and we are getting more snow this week!

I know what you mean. We still have piles of snow melting and water filling the potholes. I'm leaving mine in storage for another couple weeks.

Hey! I just got my Bad Boy Max horn on order, let me know if you had any difficulty installing it to the stock wiring and mount, is that what you are referring to?

The other day I was coming home from work and riding next to a minivan packed with kids. I was next to them for ~1/2 mile between lights and mommy driver looked up from her phone like for two or three glances the whole distance. I tapped my stock horn (meep meep - think Roadrunner)) and she didn't react, so then I decided to upgrade so that I can lay into it.

Also will help when I pass the golf course tee-boxes... love laying into the horn when duffers begin their down-swing! :sinister:

I ended up mounting mine where the regulator normally sits..and made a new mount for the regulator to go where the stock horn was.

I followed THESE instructions (basically), also installing a suppression diode. This thing is CRAZY loud. I love it. A warning though. It's actually against the law in Az to blast the horn unless it's a 'traffic emergency'. I'm sure it's not one of those things you'd get pulled over for regularly but it's something to be aware of.

I also performed the 'white connector' upgrade to handle any extra power needed by some of the accessories I've added.
Good luck!

Back