What did you do to your FZ today?

Rode it to work and found out that Brembo have held back the release date for the calipers I ordered (130mm without requiring the bracket to mount them to the R1 forks). D'oh... I have to wait at least another 3 weeks now.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqF,!hEFDB!qo5tjBQ4uQuRZoQ~~60_12.JPG
    $(KGrHqF,!hEFDB!qo5tjBQ4uQuRZoQ~~60_12.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 146
Rode it to work and found out that Brembo have held back the release date for the calipers I ordered (130mm without requiring the bracket to mount them to the R1 forks). D'oh... I have to wait at least another 3 weeks now.

Oh my goodness! The nickel plated calipers are a work of art.

We expect a full write up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness! The nickel plated calipers are a work of art.

We expect a full write up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

If I ever get them I'll do a write up for sure. I also ordered a braided line for the rear. No one local seems to stock a decent brake bleeder kit though. I think I'll go to the hobby shop & buy a fuel pump and some line and make my own bleeder kit. It will probably be cheaper that way anyhow.

Last week I rode 840 mile round trip to Cleveland, OH and back (3 days between there and back). I have to say I was comfortable the entire trip with just a bit of butt fatigue on the Corbin at times. Sadly it was just interstate slab the entire way, but I was on 2 wheels!

I have since ridden to work and back the last 2 days and just crossed the 20,000 mile mark on the way home today. I bought my '07 used in Oct 2010 with 1,6xx miles on it, so over 18,000 miles is all me in about 3 years. Nothing spectacular, but I'm happy with it.
yguzy7u8.jpg
na7apury.jpg

Last edited:
Replaced the TB juicebox that went bad . Put on a powercommander 5 amd still wasnt running right. Took a look at my fuel line BINGO
ry8eqa2e.jpg

I did the fuel line mod and what a difference. Its like a new bike!!

I was fortunate enough to have a good buddy "Down Under", who sent me an Evo-Tech Fender Eliminator that wasn't being used in order to install on the FZ1. I sat upstairs tonight and assembled the pieces and switched over the lights and reflectors from the stock tail unit. Tomorrow I'll install it on the bike.

IMG_0697_zps0b66aebb.jpg

IMG_0696_zpse6b05370.jpg

I installed the side reflectors as well since the Evo-Tech unit has places for the stock brackets to attach.

IMG_0699_zps022babee.jpg

IMG_0698_zpsbfea1da1.jpg

A Super Big Thanks to ScottyD for sending me the unit! Thanks Bud!

Installed the Evo-Tech Fender Eliminator today that I received from ScottyD. Just in time too since on my early ride to Walmart this morning, I lost the lens from my left turn signal somewhere along the way up. The job was made much easier due to the fact that there was already an eliminator installed so I didn't need to remove the tail section again. Happy Me!!!

I unbolted the old unit and removed the rubber grommet spacers above the plate.
IMG_0700_zps2148c7ab.jpg

I snipped all the wiring since I was going to solder the connections on the Evo-Tech unit. It was dusty up under there so I cleaned and polished everything before proceeding. Yes I'm anal and I know it. Admitting it is half the battle.
IMG_0702_zpsbf664346.jpg

Once everything was clean I sorted out the wiring and fed them back through the undertray.
IMG_0704_zps7b561ed1.jpg

I then fed the new wiring up through the undertray in order to make the connections up top.
IMG_0705_zps0857c61b.jpg

I bolted up the Evo-Tech unit and tightened everything once it was aligned.
IMG_0707_zps9f8d2c82.jpg

IMG_0709_zpsa0571a36.jpg

Some may ask why I didn't use blade connectors or similar, which I may do at some point down the line, but I just decided to solder and heat shrink the connections for the time being.
IMG_0713_zps140836d2.jpg

I buttoned up the wiring, tucked it all neatly behind the undertray, and cleaned the tail section and was done. I rolled her outside in the light and the difference is amazing. I feel safer now that I have my stock signals again and the red reflectors. Thanks again to Scott for all his generosity! It's greatly appreciated.
IMG_0714_zps878e4802.jpg

Getting ready to leave for a trip to Cornerspin, then Deal's Gap and a ton of other roads in the area. Will be gone for a week (and something north of 2000 miles) so I put on new Pilot Road 4's, gave the chain a good cleaning and changed the oil.

uploadfromtaptalk1403466488547.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4

Received the new calipers, waiting for the rear braided line to arrive then it's brake bleeding time.

Attachments

• 20140624_085301.jpg
    20140624_085301.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 89
  • 20140624_085314.jpg
    20140624_085314.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 89
They're the new release from Brembo for the R1 forks, no adapter plate needed any more, these are 130mm spacing. Now I just need the time to install them. Hopefully a Saturday arvo job. If only it would stop raining so I can go out for a ride. We haven't had rain like this for a long long time. Has it reached you in Sydney yet Ballmead? I know Melbourne are copping it now too. 3 cold fronts in a row.

They're the new release from Brembo for the R1 forks, no adapter plate needed any more, these are 130mm spacing. Now I just need the time to install them. Hopefully a Saturday arvo job. If only it would stop raining so I can go out for a ride. We haven't had rain like this for a long long time. Has it reached you in Sydney yet Ballmead? I know Melbourne are copping it now too. 3 cold fronts in a row.

I hope its below 16 deg too. That means lots of snow for Perisher.

I hope its below 16 deg too. That means lots of snow for Perisher.

Well it's below 16 here, and last report I saw was that snow was falling on the slopes over there. I wouldn't be surprised if we get snow on Mt lofty here this winter, we get that every few years on a big cold front.

Back