What did you do to your FZ today?

Had my 1000km service done and a 16T front sprocket fitted. Very happy with the sprocket change :) the response has improved dramatically!!

Only one problem....The bike has developed a ticking sound coming from that area which is very noticable between 2000 - 4000 RMP :( Its not a vibration and the drive is very smooth.... I took it back to mechanic and he took it for a ride and advised that it may be the fact that the 1000km old chain and new sprocket have to 'wear in' together. Does this sound right? Has anyone else experienced this with their front sprocket change?

btw the sprocket was a genuine Yamaha one. Your comments/feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers,
PK

ordered a new rear tire Michelin Pilot Road3 due to the current one had been penetrated by foreign object. Repair kit did hold pressure for two weeks but now it looks like slow loss....could also be a mental thought but 100% confidence in current tire is gone so I ordered a new one.

Current set had done so far 7880km and is still in failry good condition. Thinking now to replace also my front tire to have two brand new MPR3 for next year season...

Anyone thoughts?

Had my eo changed( fully synthetic )
Knn oil filter
First time doing fuel injector servicing
Purchased new HYPERPRO STEERING DAMPER(Rsc)

Now that my throttle bodies have been serviced,the snatch@throttle is back.

ordered a new rear tire Michelin Pilot Road3 due to the current one had been penetrated by foreign object. Repair kit did hold pressure for two weeks but now it looks like slow loss....could also be a mental thought but 100% confidence in current tire is gone so I ordered a new one.

Current set had done so far 7880km (4896 miles) and is still in failry good condition. Thinking now to replace also my front tire to have two brand new MPR3 for next year season...

Anyone thoughts?

I don't ever take risks with motorcycle tires. I'd be fine with a patch on a car tire. If it goes down, chances are I won't wreck. However, on a motorcycle, if a tire goes down, chances you will too, causing harm to you and the bike. I will spend $200 for a new tire just to give me peace of mind. I can't enjoy the ride if I'm worried about the tire and the expense of going down would be far more than the cost of the tire. I'm sure others are willing to risk it, but I wouldn't.

I have PR3's with just about 5500 miles (8850km). My rear is showing a little wear and my front looks almost new. If you are seeing the same, I would just replace the rear for now and then replace them both when the new rear is worn out. I'm guessing I'll get 2 rear per 1 front. (I kinda acclerate hard :wilynily:)

Tx I came to the same conclusion reading same topic on tire life threads. 2 rear tires to 1 front...and as my front is still good shape I'll go now for the one rear. Thanks

I went out for a quick ride with the weather hitting about 50-60 degrees yesterday. Today should get up to 65, but I don't know if I'll get a chance to take her out. I hope so.

I needed a my warm gloves, jacket liner and pinlock shield in the morning, but by afternoon, it was warm enough, I opened all the vents on my RF-1100. Beautiful day. I ended up jabbering at a local motorcycle shop for too long and didn't get as many miles as I wanted, but I had a great time. With the cool air, I swear the Beast was producing more torque and HP than normal as indicated by the much lighter front tire... :stunta]:

Just rode it

With temps close to 70 in Cleveland area today, I just went for a nice ride to the dealers to get a gallon of Yamalube, then to Advance Auto parts for a PL14610 filter. Then one more stop at hardware store and then home. Tomorrow supposed to be about the same temp.

Painted the front Fairing using Plasti-dip. Interesting stuff, took a number of coats, still feels sticky after a week of drying, but I guess that is the rubbery stuff in it.

Mounted everything back up today and used some new shiny hardware for the windscreen.

20121110_143746.jpg

20121110_145730.jpg

20121110_150138.jpg

20121110_150155.jpg

next up is the fender over the front tire.

Yesterday we rode over to Barber Motorsports for the Yamaha/NESBA Demo Track Day. I rode the R6 and the FZ8 wearing borrowed leathers. Now I want leathers :flash: This was my first track experience.
DSCF5739.JPG

The control riders alternated between the FZ1, R6, and R1 to lead the demos. They also offered Demos during the sessions to those already signed up for the Track Day. The FZ8 is really smooth and the R6 was torturous but quick. That made me truly consider doing a track day with Baby.

Barber is a beautiful facility live and in person. We lingered to watch a couple of sessions and I saw the end of a crash in the first session. The rider had to crawl off of the track and it took a few minutes to get the ambulance deployed. It seemed like everybody and their uncle was there. There were at least 30 bikes in each session. If I do one, I'd like it not to have so many bikes there. It looked like interstate mayhem during rush hour traffic.

After watching a few sessions, we left to ride over Mt Cheaha and back.
DSCF5740.JPG

Ate lunch at a year old Chik Fil A and took official pictures with the cow they had to celebrate the occasion (after it scared most of the children) then over to Cheaha.

DSCF5748.JPG

There was a little bit of traffic
DSCF5751.JPG

but with plenty of passing lines along AL 281 and Gen1 power
DSCF5752.JPG

We managed to put it out of mind. :yes:

I led us back over Cheaha as we headed back to Georgia.
DSCF5757.JPG

Just missed the rabbit ears
DSCF5762.JPG

Perfect day for a ride!!! :cheers: Now I need to make another heated vest because my old one is too big.

Fitted Watsen Design Flush Turn Signals

Got them today and the quality/finish is great and WOW they are bright. The photo has dimmed them down though, hard to look at them they're so bright.

016-1.jpg

015-2.jpg

We lingered to watch a couple of sessions and I saw the end of a crash in the first session. The rider had to crawl off of the track and it took a few minutes to get the ambulance deployed. It seemed like everybody and their uncle was there.

Was the crash a low side on a cbr1000? One of the local riders here in mn did a road trip with a bunch of other riders to Barber over the weekend. He low sided his bike and twisted up both his ankles. Amazingly he didn't break anything. Still can't walk without crutches though. Probably same crash you saw.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Back