What did you do to your FZ today?

why did u do that????:wow::wow::eek5::eek5:??????????
f*cking awesome!!!
that marchesini would be PERFECT with gold forks!!!!!!!
also,the GYTR a bit shorter would be perfect!!!
very very beautiful the naked abarth version!!!

:tup::tup:

Ohlins FGRT 206 forks are next on the list, they were first, but when these wheels came up second hand for $1700 with rotors, sproket and bearing, I couldn't pass that up. They had tires on them too, but they were worn so I swapped them out for the existing tires I had. The wheels were a direct swap, I couldn't be happier.

The Ohlins rear shock is after the forks. As I upgrade I sell off the old parts to help fund the next step.

The bike on the commute home handled the same, I'll hopefully get it out onto some country roads this Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes.

PC V and autotune installed saturday.
Ak-20 upgrade for forks installed on sunday (with cobalt as e-consultant :) )
Thanks Cobalt!

Today loaded some maps and try with a short ride. What a difference! It feels fat around 2k rpm but then is a rocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went from this
GEDC0670.JPG

To this
DSCF5775.JPG

Bike still dirty from the last ride so I didn't better pics. I got both brake line holders new from ebay for the price of one from the dealer. Looks a lot better the brake lines without the holder look always bothered me a bit.

Very nice. Those brake lines go so well with the R1 forks. I have a rear shock and braided brake lines and maybe fork springs on my list for next year. I'm trying to save up, but it's not working. :banghead:

Did you do the rear brake line too?

After CD flies, LARS airbox and PiperCross air filter some time ago, finally got around with playing with the ECU. Increased all CO values by 4 and it certainly seems to have smoothed it out a lot!

So smooth that I don't think I'll need to spend the money on a PowerCommander. 1 x very happy FZ1 owner :)

Man this must be the month for drops.
Someone knocked mine over at work. Glad the T rex sliders are so long because they took most of the impact, the grab handle has a small scuff & the shift lever got bent a small bit but nothing I couldn't straighten by hand.

Thanksgiving was 60 degrees so the wife and I went a ride and I parked next to one of my all time favorite bikes.

Took her out for a decent ride to see how the Marchesini rims would perform. I didn't think that they would make much difference to handling, but the turn in and change of direction is much much better. I'm impressed. The brake rotors have more bight than the stock ones & the 2 extra teeth on the rear sprocket made a noticeable diffference to acceleration and cruising rpm, not to mention the speedo is now 14% out instead of 10%. I see a speedo healer coming soon.

Man this must be the month for drops.
Someone knocked mine over at work. Glad the T rex sliders are so long because they took most of the impact, the grab handle has a small scuff & the shift lever got bent a small bit but nothing I couldn't straighten by hand.

Thanksgiving was 60 degrees so the wife and I went a ride and I parked next to one of my all time favorite bikes.

My T-Rex sliders saved me this month too. A friend of mine has that Kawi. He really likes it. He owns a used bike shop. I've ridden with him a few times. It looks like it would keep up with the FZ1 pretty well. :cheers:

Washed. Oil changed. Lubed chain and Spiegler SS brake lines installed

azeheqa9.jpg
dupu7u6y.jpg
ydese6y7.jpg

Some pics about what's in the scotts filter (14500km)
yhagaber.jpg

dunyqa8u.jpg

a8uhy9ab.jpg

a7e8u6uh.jpg

4a4e9ure.jpg

pyje7emu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Not sure if we get that over here but does that spray on "Plasti Dip" end up having a rubbery texture?

Yes it does, and the finish is not smooth like paint, but that is okay with me, I like the rubberized finish.

Compared to the tail section that I painted flat black and then sealed with a matte sealer the Plasti-dip looks much better from a distance.

I think i am going to have to get some sort of grip tape for the tank to keep the stuff from peeling from my legs rubbing on it.

added Magic Racing carbon fiber radiator guards for the FZ1 and received my Penske shock in the mail today.

last week I installed Arrow header; PCV; air box mod; FCE; Ivan's Flies; powder coated wheels and rear sets black.:flash:

Back