What did you do to your FZ today?

fitted bling and cleaned it
604035_10151179650208800_2008723774_n.jpg

179392_10151180723768800_1743482754_n.jpg

Hey Fizzdog, looks great. What have you done with those mirrors? Interesting. Can you see anything out of them? PS I think you should migrate so you can get more use out of that board though!
:poke:

No it wasn't that bad, took a lot of time to do things right though :p

Thanks for the illustrated how-to, wouldn't have done it without you showing how!!

Hey Fizzdog, looks great. What have you done with those mirrors? Interesting. Can you see anything out of them? PS I think you should migrate so you can get more use out of that board though!
:poke:

Thanks, mirrors work great as long as you don't want to see anything behind you :), still not sure what I'm doing with the mirrors.

Ps, We do get some surf in the south west, but migrating for the sun and surf would be good.

after being jacked around by fed ex i finally got my yoshimura trc exhaust today. it sounds even better than it looks. i also blocked off the ais, replaced the fuel line, and reversed the washers on the front foot pegs. too bad that i won't get much use out of these mods until next spring.

Washed and waxed -- it was in desperate need! I'm single-parenting this weekend as my wife heads "Up North" for a weekend with the girls. Was tempted to start it, but knew I'd then want to ride it "just around the block" and my son's too young to be left to his own devices.

We have a ride planned to view some of the local holiday lights displays on Monday evening. First time I've ever thought that adding some colored LEDs would be a good idea.

The 919 got a flyscreen today. Found a nice guy locally who was parting out his 919 & jumped on it. It's the OEM screen which has been out of production for quite a few years now. Tough to find. Haven't ridden with it yet

Rode to Harbor Freight to get the cut off wheels I forgot yesterday when I bought the tool (instead of the grinder I meant to get oops). I took the long way home to make up for not riding where I wanted to this morning.

When I got home, I put more "kick" in the T-Rex adjustable kickstand I bought a couple of weeks ago.
IMG_20121202_194331.jpg

It's an R1 kickstand that I had to modify to work with the FZ1. Saving a few dollars cost me a good deal of time. Of course, it beats the alternative
!CEgDl0gB2k~$(KGrHqEOKj8E0pUCmEF)BNSFos61VQ~~_12.JPG

or something else ghetto like that.

To make it work with the gen1, I had to drill the access hole through in order to switch the foot to the "proper" side. I did such a good job, I couldn't tell the hole I drilled from the one that was already there.
GEDC0921.JPG

Mine is a little smaller. I'm wondering if I should plug the hole on the other side, any thoughts?

The best part is I got to play with JB Kwik weld. I made an actuator for the sidestand switch out of it...
GEDC0924.JPG

I thought I was finished until I put on my new boots (bought with the money I didn't spend on an FZ1 specific adjustable stand) and tried to kick the side stand. The kick part is too short and at the wrong angle for the FZ1. My new kick is a cut off box end wrench and more JB Kwik weld.
IMG_20121202_193123.jpg

All that's left to do is put a tip on it and paint it so no one knows it used to be a box end wrench. The modified kickstand works so much better than my oem one that some how got bent causing me to chew up the bottoms of two pairs of boots putting it down (I won't even mention the time I dropped the bike trying to put it down chopper style once.) It didn't even occur to me until I was messing around with the adjustable one to take a persuader to the old one. I can get it down easier now too bad it's destined for the shelf.

I got a feeling I'd be real dangerous if I had a welder and the slightest idea how to use it. Weather is supposed to be just as nice tomorrow as today so hopefully I can ride the ride I postponed this morning. Almost forgot, the gas I buy will also be out of the money left over from not buying the fz1 specific adjustable stand.

Last edited:
Rode it to the mall to do some Christmas shopping.

Surprisingly I had the only motorcycle in the parking lot.

A high of 50 degrees in December in Wisconsin is really unbelievable.

I used more jb kwik to add a knob to the extended kicker:
GEDC0935.JPG

Looks okay under artificial light and should be fully set tomorrow but forecast is cloudy/rain so it may be a few days before I can get better pics or even a ride around the block to see if it's still digging into the heel when putting the stand down.

Guess I'm moving into the get it pretty stage.

Back