What did you do to your FZ today?

Got cf heel plates in mail today, still waiting pn belly pan..

2013-02-11_19-16-59_732_zpse09fc221.jpg

I went for a ride through Old Town Scottsdale. It was cold out and a Monday so it was pretty close to a ghost town. It was nice with all the white lights up and me practicing u-turns and cornering around the round-about for fun.

I'm gonna hook up my GoPro and probably go again tomorrow for fun.

It was like Christmas today.
copperdawg speed screen, BMC air filter and heated gloves all showed up.

Just need the weather to warm up so I can put the new stuff on.

I think 50 degrees was what I was riding at the other day when I first took her out. Quite brisk.... And I don't get to ride today, and I am very frustrated. Instead of riding, I'm in an 8-hour math class, making up for last weeks hours as well. BUT, tomorrow I get to ride, and get my permit, and my registration taken care of. (assuming I can get out of work early...)

I took her into the shop and had them install Hel Carbon/smoke SS-braided lines and an Fz8 master cylinder.

After my lights went out on me riding home last night I had them chop up and install the extra front end wiring harness and finally tuck all the loose wires behind my Euro naked Headlight. They didn't keep the euro 6 pin plug that I wanted but the whole thing works just ind so I really don't care I guess. Finally my headlight is aimed directly and my high beam doesn't just illuminate the tree line. They had to replace the 20A headlight fuse that blew last night and I'm back in business.

(I stopped for food on the way home and couldn't stop stepping out of the restaurant while I was waiting and just staring at my bike all cleaned up and sexy like.)

When I got home I decided to finally do my coolant flush and fill. The bike only had 7500 miles on it for an '09 but as I suspected the previous owner didn't change the fluid out before getting rid of his bike. Sure enough the coolant was dark green/black.

(I know there isn't as much in the small bottle, but I didn't want to waste it for a pic and you can see the black/cloudiness in the jug, also that jug is diluted with a half gallon of distilled water that I had flushed through the system.)
View attachment 13214

NOW for the best part. FML:cry:. I am putting the coolant drain bolt back in and give it barely a 2 finger wrist flick of a turn and the end snaps off.:eek5: I read that it is only supposed to be like 1 lb of force on there but, crap that is just garbage to come apart so easily. You can see there is some rust on the edges and the center seems to be softer than the outside from where it broke. I dunno.

View attachment 13215

Thankfully the end is still inside the engine and I can ride it to the shop in the morning and get them to drill it out and replace it. I only filled the bike with distilled water so it may get pretty hot in the mile long ride.

Luckily I'm so in love with my bike that I really don't care, it's just another adventure in our relationship. :smoking:

Pictures to come in my The Beast Mod Thread when I get some good light and give her a bath.

I looked at it longingly today. :)

It's been in the 40's and sunny here for the last day or two, so I'm starting to get that itch. However, I'm also a ski fanatic, so I don't want the snow to be gone just yet.

I'm about to pull the trigger on some lower fairings, then at least I'll have a reason to move it to the middle of the garage & work on it.

Last edited:
Found my Battery was dead, been on the t/charger for month I guess. Last night I unplugged it and will see if it cranks and fires in a few days. I'm thinking it needs to bereplaced. Don't wan't to get stranded some place or work.

Coolant ? I have an 09 with 3200 miles. should I change it to ?

Last edited:
Found my Battery was dead, been on the t/charger for month I guess. Last night I unplugged it and will see if it cranks and fires in a few days. I'm thinking it needs to bereplaced. Don't wan't to get stranded some place or work.

Coolant ? I have an 09 with 3200 miles. should I change it to ?

How much do your ride? I received my bike with 5300 miles on it and progressively for the last 500-1000 miles it seems to be getting hotter and hotter. Read my the Hot Seat thread. I should have changed it but I was just lazy before. I've had the Yamacool coolant just about 2000 miles, lol and haven't done it.

Back