What did you do to your FZ today?

I always order my tires from Chaparral Motorsports on eBay. Quick, easy and low prices. They ship from California so it gets to my Washington address quick as a bunny

Anytime I'm in the LA area I stop at Chapparal in San Bernadino to check out their stuff .... acres and acres of new bikes, usually one of each color of each model from all the lines they carry (the big 4 Japanese + CanAm), plus tons of accessories and clothing in all colors and sizes. If it's available they usually have it on the floor. Good way to spend a couple of hours to check out potential future bikes or gear.

Last edited:
Ridersdiscount seems to be no bargain .... just checked the prices for Dunlop Roadsmart II .... F: $156, R: $214. I paid F: $142, R: $195, so with tax it was a wash. Revzilla and Bike Bandit were both lower than Ridersdiscount. Yes, the Q2 at Ridersdiscount was a tad less than $200, but that isn't the tire I wanted and has no relationship to the Roadsmart II.

Well, if you can get a pair of Roadsmart II's for less than $337 let me know where. Not sure what tire you are comparing it to. Buying online is not automatically the cheapest price.

I don't run roadsmarts, usually (haven't purchased anything for the FZ yet) but usually Michelin 3's or Pures, for under 300 for the tires shipped. I do my own mounting and balancing tho. At the rate around here for having a shop do it, buying a manual machine and static balancer paid for itself in 2 sets.

Local shops here charge $20 a wheel if you bring them the wheel. Loosenut gets his tires and gets them mounted from same shop for cheap.

I always check Jake Wilson too. Usually they have been the cheapest for me. They list them $270 shipped for the pair but I would rather go for the Q2 front for the grip, even wear and cheap price too. Loosenut also runs this combo. It costs $258 shipped!!!

Last edited:
:sport12: I really like the Q2 front and Road Smart 2 rear. I prefer the Q2 rear, but they don't last. The RS2 gives me plenty of traction and enough mileage that I can replace the front and rear as set.

Went for a ride to the beach in my lunch break to get a pic for the "riding game" and forgot to spit the gum out before I left. I never realised how hard it was to chew gum while wearing a full faced helmet with your cheeks squished in. I bit my cheek at least once. It is an awesome day for riding though. I wish I had more time today, it's raining again tomorrow.

I had some fun today with my Gen 1

I swapped out my shitty putco Nitro blue bulbs for Sylvania zXe s. I also put in some LED daytime running lights also from Sylvania the setup looks killer

Before

After

Installed a R77 full exhaust, had a leak... Took apart and did it again... All good now. The PCV was a breeze to install, now I just need to figure out which map to use!

Took the bike out for a nice 90 minute ride, the bike sounded great.

Reprogrammed the SpeedoDRD and rode about 100 miles in the process. Speedo is 99% on and Odo is 95.3% on. I ca live with that.

Also cleaned off about a bazillion bugs from the front and helmet.

my 2004 just turned 6500 miles on the odo. I was starting to notice some hesitation at higher rpms 6k +, I tried some seafoam and a tank later lucas deep clean. none of that fixed the hesitation.

I then replaced the fuel filter and now its like a new bike again love it

Over the weekend, I cleaned and lubed my chain. It was sorely overdue, but now it's smooth and quiet again!

Monday, I took my 11 year old daughter for a 80-100 mile ride. I don't know the actual temp, but it was HOT. There was no coolness to be had, but we still had a great time. She loves when I lean it over around the courthouse square. I see another Ninja 250R rider in the future. :)

Tuesday, it rained heavily during the morning and I took my daughter in the cage to the orthodontist. I work 7p to 7a Tue-Fri this week. I had lost hope for a commute ride to work (25-30 mile one way), but the weather cleared and became perfect! 70-80 degrees and sunny. :flash: I was able to ride in lastnight and home this morning. Wonderful ride (for a commute).

I was able to ride in again tonight and it looks just as perfect tomorrow night! I'm so happy to get some great weather. Now I need to find some time this weekend to get some miles in. I'm quickly closing in on 15,000 miles.

Back