What did you do to your FZ today?

Best Looking pipe ever made on your bike!

Thanks, I love it. I heard they don't make them any longer too. I accidentally put my rear stand's forks through the bottom of it at a trackday and ripped all the way through the steel mesh. I need to get it repaired still. It's functional and it's on the very bottom and you don't see it unless looking for it

Thanks, I love it. I heard they don't make them any longer too. I accidentally put my rear stand's forks through the bottom of it at a trackday and ripped all the way through the steel mesh. I need to get it repaired still. It's functional and it's on the very bottom and you don't see it unless looking for it

Mivv stopped making the carbon Suono and now sell the black steel version which looks pretty awesome too.

Had a new set of continental tyres fitted. Sport attack front and road attack rear. Haven't had a chance to scrub them in, will give feedback once I go for a decent ride.

got my new Cee Baileys Comfort Windshield, tall and dark dark and installed it.

discovered that the little cheap plastic screws stink. one broke off the head when removing the stock windshield... so I was going to drill the threads out and it just pushed out the back.... so I removed the inner fairing edge and got my sausage fingers just on it and then it fell forward and down onto (I think) the headlight housing... :banghead:

so I guess I need to dismantle the headlamp assy to get to it?

ARGH!

but the new windshield looks great, just like FZinNH's post here
http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-mods/18817-wind-screen-fz1n-6-2-rider.html#post159436

any help would be appreciated

N

Last edited:
got my new Cee Baileys Comfort Windshield, tall and dark dark and installed it.

discovered that the little cheap plastic screws stink. one broke off the head when removing the stock windshield... so I was going to drill the threads out and it just pushed out the back.... so I removed the inner fairing edge and got my sausage fingers just on it and then it fell forward and down onto (I think) the headlight housing... :banghead:

so I guess I need to dismantle the headlamp assy to get to it?

ARGH!

but the new windshield looks great, just like F1inNZ's post here
http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-mods/18817-wind-screen-fz1n-6-2-rider.html#post159436

any help would be appreciated

N
I got a set of windscreen metal screws & rubber grommets off ebay,as the head just popped off one of the plastic screws,I would not be worried about the screw or grommet? it`s not going to hurt anything & most likely just fall out in time

Haven't been riding due to the heavy rain (Boo! Soft! I hear you say). However I have fitted some newly arrived goodies -
T-Rex frame sliders
Adjustable EVO shorty levers
Replaced factory plastic radiator guard with Australian made Radguard (they make very, very good guards)

And went and bought myself some new riding boots and a light tint visor for my Arai/Classic Yamaha helmet.

I'll ride it to work tomorrow and stop by the hardware store and see if they have the screws / grommets in stock...

so the grommet has integrated thread? anyone know the thread spec
Maybe able to get the screws, but doubtful about the grommets,check out ebay they have coloured sets especially made to fit the FZ1 screens

Last edited:
Those threaded grommet things are actually called well nuts or rawl nuts and they come in different thread sizes and lengths. Often not available from your average hardware store but most motorbike shops sell them. Specialty fastener suppliers should also have them.
Info about them. Sorry, I don't know the size for the FZ1 screen.
R800600-RUB_NUT.jpg

Last edited:
I'll ride it to work tomorrow and stop by the hardware store and see if they have the screws / grommets in stock...

so the grommet has integrated thread? anyone know the thread spec

Not sure about the thread size but you could remove one of the other ones and take it into the hardware store and they can figure it out for you.

Regarding the plastic screws…

The reason they use plastic screws is in case of an accident the windscreen will "hopefully" break free of the bike if you happen to make contact with it.

I'm not saying you should only use the plastic screws, just wanted to let you know the reason they use them.

With that said, I've always wondered if the plastic screws would hold up to the added stress from a larger windscreen. So when I've installed larger windscreens I use metal screws in the bottom two screw locations as insurance against my windscreen coming loose at higher speeds. In reality it's probably not needed but it makes me feel better :)

Jon…

Well, not today, but last weekend I put her away for the winter. Cold weather has arrived here, so I changed the oil/filter, cleaned it up and topped the tank with fuel and Sta-bil. It is on the Battery Tender and covered where it will remain until sometime in April.

Sad thing to have to do. I'll be around some this winter until things pick-up again. Spring mods are planned to include PCV, airbox and filter, and maybe Roth velocity stacks. Oh, also modded turn signals and a cat-gut.

When I took her out to top the fuel tank, I was reminded about how much damn fun these things are to ride. Very entertaining. It's going to be a long winter...

I can't imagine living in a place where you can't ride in winter. I can however relate to a place where it is sometimes too hot to ride on a summers day.

Back