What did you do to your FZ today?

Oil change with a bosch oil filter Rotella T6.

I also flushed out the coolant system and gave it some premixed prestone.

I cyphended out the overflow res, but I don't quite understand if I should get adding coolant to it or letting it boil over... It does have a "Low" mark. But I let the bike sit and the fans come on to 216F - no overflow. I took the cap off and the radiator was still full.

Booked the bike in to get re-dyno tuned for the new exhaust. Neville is booked out until 1 April. Good thing I'm away most of March anyway I guess.

Yeah, same here, stupid Colorado weather. Got my FZ only about 5 weeks ago and have only rode it three times because of snow and one of those times was sketchy. Killing me! :) I go out in the garage and look at it a lot, that's kinda' fun.

I often marvel over mine to :D
:sport12:

Oil change with a bosch oil filter Rotella T6.

I also flushed out the coolant system and gave it some premixed prestone.

I cyphended out the overflow res, but I don't quite understand if I should get adding coolant to it or letting it boil over... It does have a "Low" mark. But I let the bike sit and the fans come on to 216F - no overflow. I took the cap off and the radiator was still full.
I alway fill the overflow tank with mixed coolant before starting

Yeah, same here, stupid Colorado weather. Got my FZ only about 5 weeks ago and have only rode it three times because of snow and one of those times was sketchy. Killing me! :) I go out in the garage and look at it a lot, that's kinda' fun.

Same thing in Illinois. I bought a NIB 2012 last April and had to wait until May to actually get some rides in. However, after that I managed to put 6K on the clock before hibernation.

Yeah, I saw Bike biz had jacked the price up on the standard Rizoma rearsets (Aussie dollar drop) but hadn't changed the Evo pricing. The Evo are now cheaper on their website, that was an instant trigger to Buy Now for me.

Spent more money...
Speigler lines >front n back
T-rex sliders >frame + both axles
Oury grips... my favorite grips since 1987
Bell Transition Helmet Shield

Spent more money...
Speigler lines >front n back
T-rex sliders >frame + both axles
Oury grips... my favorite grips since 1987
Bell Transition Helmet Shield

I love Oury grips. I ran them on my mountain bikes for years (still do) I didn't know they made motorcycle grips too.

I installed my Traxxion resprung, revalved, & serviced forks!!!

I'm waiting for my Penske 8975 shock before I give it a ride review.

Cheers,

MrHix

Suspension upgrades are always nice.

I don't have anyone in my area that I could trust to tune it accurately for me, and spend the time, ie let me test ride it come back, make an adjustment two or three times.

Finally! 40 degrees low 70 high

No rain or frost this morning. Rode her to work for the first time in THREE weeks. Pretty great 20 minute commute.

:popcorn:

Took the 69 El Camino out tonight. Driving her to 2014 AutoRama tomorrow.

:popcorn:

Suspension upgrades are always nice.

I don't have anyone in my area that I could trust to tune it accurately for me, and spend the time, ie let me test ride it come back, make an adjustment two or three times.

Traxxion Dynamics is just North of Atlanta GA. :)

Good luck,

MrHix

Back