What did you do to your FZ today?

Cleaned the chain, adjusted slack and greased up the chain. Replaced rear fork protectors (during the last ride somehow one nut came lose and I lost the entire set-never noticed until I got home)
Ordered a new set of tires, this time Metzeler Sportec RR 120/70/17 F and 190/55/17R

I installed new flush turn signals.
51jNQHNfD-L.jpg
Amazon.com : Carbon/Clear FLUSH-MOUNT TURN SIGNALS for Honda Kawasaki Suzuki Yamaha : Car Electronics
These are the same style the previous owner had installed, but the old ones had only a single filament bulb that was used as turn signal but was not very bright, and there was no running light.
These new ones look like the old ones but have a two filament lamp and both are pretty bright, so I have good, visible running lights now in addition to bright turn signals.
I had to replace the bullet connectors because they were too small for those that were at the end of the bike's wire harness. I got those at Auto Zone, I already had the crimping tool.
I think they look good and work well.
I also installed a Signal Dynamics modulator. That was pretty easy, except that I have not found a good practical location for the ambient light sensor, so for the moment it is duct-taped to the side of the tacho.
Finally I replaced the horn with a louder one (from Auto Zone). Not quite loud enough yet but an improvement, the lower tone is a little unusual and I think it gets attention.

Took the day off work and have so far ridden 150km. Having lunch now and will then do a few hundred more before going home and picjing the daughter up from childcare. Life's good.

Three countries

I took the FZ1 out for a long stretch along curvy roads, along with some friends and flirting with the borders of South Belgium, Luxemburg and France.
Noticed a small puncture in rear tire, but pressure check revealed not complety through.
In two weeks from now I'll be back on a trackday, so afterwards I will mount the new Metzeler tires.

These MPR3 I have been very pleased about and never surprised me.

not many pictures taken, was too busy enjoying the curvy roads. On our start point we saw this Yamaha Europe truck....

Nice scenery

stopping for a break

totalled 612km

rear tire handled well, noticed slight puncture

Last edited:
Cancelled the licence plate on the FZ1. :(
Weather is getting colder and any nice days from now on will be hunting days. Maybe some fishing days too.

New parts ordered

Well I ordered my first new parts for my new to me 2002 FZ1. I ordered a 15 tooth front sprocket and a 45 rear, full set of stainless brake lines. a speedohealer and a zero gravity double bubble smoke windscreen.

Let the mods begin.

Last edited:
Finished another build

12140606_10153353266288800_1825104173288114530_n.jpg

12107919_10153353266208800_6777381765921839368_n.jpg

New stable-mate for my FZ1sc

I just came back from test riding an '05 SV1000s.... twins are so much fun to ride....so I bought it;)
Easy to ride, very tame compared to the Fizzer and fairly comfy (begs for Dirt road seat and MX bar conversion), will make a good first bike for my son who is taking his motorcycle driving course and a great back-up bike.

Attachments

• $_27 (1).JPG
    $_27 (1).JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 63
  • $_27.JPG
    $_27.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 74
I just came back from test riding an '05 SV1000s.... twins are so much fun to ride....so I bought it;)
Easy to ride, very tame compared to the Fizzer and fairly comfy (begs for Dirt road seat and MX bar conversion), will make a good first bike for my son who is taking his motorcycle driving course and a great back-up bike.

Pretty bike !! Good luck with her . How are you making out tuning your BEAST ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back