What did you do to your FZ today?

I got blue stripes and put them on the wheels. The color is not an exact match, but it looks good (I think...)
I also trimmed the mud flap. That was sorely needed.
uploadfromtaptalk1444793265884.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444793287341.jpg

sent from my Moto-X on Tapatalk

last trackday fro DenArnold 2015

Before my last trackday this year, I mounted some eazi-grip pads on the tank...had a blast last sunny trackday, unfortunate the track photographer on duty send his cat, ie he did not show up. So no action pictures

Note: Although the pictures are positioned correct on my PC when opening them, they get 90° rotated when uploading?

Also filmed on a few sessions the beginners group I was coaching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcH-aB4j96M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCE1pReD1jI

Attachments

• IMG_3092.jpg
    IMG_3092.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3095.jpg
    IMG_3095.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3101.jpg
    IMG_3101.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
I ordered new rear MPR4 tire 190/55/17 today as the current on is used to bits on top.
Last week in wet taking off from stop my rear tire was spinning/drifting too much (I reckon the cardriver behind me was thinking "when will he crash") :sinister:
My front is still too good to have replaced.
Although I have also a set of Metzeler lying ready, I'll keep this set for the track and summer period. Not much fan of having two different streettires mounted.

I'll check my journal how long this MPR3 rear tire has lasted

I ordered new rear MPR4 tire 190/55/17 today as the current on is used to bits on top.
Last week in wet taking off from stop my rear tire was spinning/drifting too much (I reckon the cardriver behind me was thinking "when will he crash") :sinister:
Although I have also a set of Metzeler lying ready, I'll keep this set for the track and summer period. Not much fan of having two different streettires mounted.

You will like the PR4 in the wet better than the 3. It will still slip but only when pushed harder. Plus the life expectancy is great, I have a bit over 16,000 Km and they still have center tread.

Changed the oil. Looks like Mobil 1 15-50w Walmart 1.25 gal. jug is still the best value @ $28. Five minute job, drain on the side stand and check on the center stand.

my records showed I used the MPR3 for 15k km. First usage was on my Romanian roadtrip in 2013. (Did not ride the FZ1 that much in 2014 as I got in love with my then new TTiger)I used it on three occasions on the track and there it's limits showed when it went too fast/tire too warm. Overall very happy with the MPR3 in all weather normal road conditions. Looking forward what the MPR4 will be like.
Starting the MPR4 now on 48k odo

Attachments

• MPR4.jpg
    MPR4.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 86
As I was preparing to "winterize" my bike I hit a wall. I normally have the dealership perform all the maintenance but this year I moved into a house with a garage so I decided to do an oil change. Well all was great until it was time to remove the oil filter. I tried using three types of oil wrenches to no avail; the cap style, the band style and the strap style and none would turn the filter off. SO I left it on and filled the crankcase with oil so I could ride it.

Isn't the torque spec 12 pound/feet, that's like hand tight. The tech at the dealer must have gorilla fisted the filter on.

As I was preparing to "winterize" my bike I hit a wall. I normally have the dealership perform all the maintenance but this year I moved into a house with a garage so I decided to do an oil change. Well all was great until it was time to remove the oil filter. I tried using three types of oil wrenches to no avail; the cap style, the band style and the strap style and none would turn the filter off. SO I left it on and filled the crankcase with oil so I could ride it.

Isn't the torque spec 12 pound/feet, that's like hand tight. The tech at the dealer must have gorilla fisted the filter on.

aw that's not right !! you should bring it back there and make them replace it .

Finally got the old filter off but it required Herculean strength, a three finger wrench and a philips screwdriver. I guess my dealer hires gorillas in their service departments.

OK, I am stumped now. I went to start and warm up the bike and the headlights and gauge backlight are not turning on. Checked the fuses and they're fine, bulbs are fine, turn signals, brake light and running lights all work but no headlights (low or high beam).

Anyone ever run into this issue?

Back