What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

When I arrived in Albuquerque I stopped by the local triumph shop. I had them reset my maintenance warning. My shop in Houston could not figure out how to do it. While they were at it they applied the latest available flash to my ECU, cleaned my chain and washed my bike.

After all the rain, sleet, hail and snow I have driven through in the past two days the was was greatly appreciated.

When I arrived in Albuquerque I stopped by the local triumph shop. I had them reset my maintenance warning. My shop in Houston could not figure out how to do it. While they were at it they applied the latest available flash to my ECU, cleaned my chain and washed my bike.

After all the rain, sleet, hail and snow I have driven through in the past two days the was was greatly appreciated.

So Hail drove through "Hail" Irony at its best!!! LOL

That is awesome they took care of you like that!! Safe travels brutha!! :deal:

Sleet, hail and snow!!??!! Man, that is hardcore!!:eek: I would also like to know how you like the new ecm flash.

Dropped the tiger on its side. Wish I had a cool story about it. I was about to leave for a weekend long adventure motorcycling rally when I remember one of the dogs needed to go in to the kennel before I left. Ear plugs an helmet already on I went inside and of course heard nothing. Came outside to find it on its side. Still not sure how it happened.

Turn signal punched though the panel it mounts to. Zip tied that sucker. The engine guard bent and scraped but did its job.

Now help me come up with a better story.

View attachment 16272

I did manage to spend the next 320 miles of my day mostly on gravel county road. Bike is dirty now and looks like an ADV bike should. Just need to slap some mud on it.

Gravel still make my ass pucker on the tiger but getting much better in the turns. I was much more comfortable on the DRZ but then again it hS knobbies and is not top heavy. ;)

Last edited:
This is what I spent most of my day Friday driving on. Although this particular gravel road was really nice and level.

View attachment 16279

View attachment 16280

View attachment 16281

View attachment 16282

Glad to see you got it dusty. Do you air down when you are doing gravel? I do sometimes and it really does help. I am just so comfortable on loose marble-like gravel now I usually don't bother. I carry a small pump and a CO2 system to re-inflate and always carry a tire gauge. Try dropping 5-8 psi and see how you like it in gravel, just don't be pounding over any big rocks when you are aired down.

Back