What did you get for Christmas

Track Day at Mid-Ohio! It'll have to wait until the Spring/Summer, since I have to get a couple things before heading out to the track (frame sliders are tops on the list).

It'll be my first track day. Give it a couple of months and look for another post from me requesting advice!

Not strictly motorcycle-related, but I also got a membership to the Detroit-area TechShop. I expect that after I've completed a few of the classes, I'll be fabricating some mods for the bike.

This was a pretty cool Christmas this year.

1) It is the first white Christmas in about 20 years for me. My sister and my son are visiting too.
2) I gave wife a Yamaha Clavinova digital piano, simply amazing.
3) My son got a Cannondale Cyclocross bike, and a bunch of Halo 4 stuff
4) I got a subscription to the Economist, a nice wool jacket, Lemon Curd, and work gloves for the shop

But my big gift was a gift to help fund this:Bob Mould: The Walt Disney Concert Hall Film by Bob Mould — Kickstarter

Bob Mould's film "See a Little Light." Amazing film; Dave Grohl and Bob hammering together, and having so much fun. Music of Husker Du, Sugar and Bob Mould.

For the bike I got a set of Shure headphones. My wife and I bought a house at the start of the month and are expecting our first baby in April, so most of our Christmas gifts were related to those two subjects. Love the headphones, though. I love music but hate it really loud, so I'm looking forward to 100% wind noise cancellation so I can listen to music at a moderate volume while I ride.

Nothing for the bike but got to see and talk to my Nephew who is recovering well from his major off. He's still got a long way to go to be right but he's already looking for his next bike (to his Mothers dismay). Good to catch up and see him in such good spirits. Oh got a nice cool Christmas day! Too wet to ride but pleasant for eating and socializing.

Back