What epic ride do you have planned for 2013?

So, after getting a little tired off all the gun control talk, surviving 12/21/2012 and dreaming about getting back on 2 wheels I thoght a fun thread would be a place for people to post their planned/dreamt of epic rides for 2013.

The days are getting longer, except you blokes down under, they be getting shorter. Many of you still have a few months of crappy weather to go, but why not put some thought into what the year could hold on the positive side of things.

I'm going for the Million Dollar Highway in June/July

Durango, CO to Ouray, CO - Google Maps

:chat:

I did an overnight to Upstate NY my a couple seasons ago, and then expanded this past summer and did a long weekend in Quebec, NH, VY, and NY. I can't decide if I want to head the same direction again and see more, or go in a completely different direction. I've heard some great things about points further South, and really want to seek out some of the cool places I'm hearing about, but don't know if I'll be able to escape that long with a new baby on the way in the spring. If anyone has some suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I'm in Renfrew, Ontario, Canada. It's North East of Toronto, near Ottawa. I can probably get away for 4 days max. If you know somewhere that I just HAVE to ride that fits that geography let me know.

During the winter, I do spend quite a bit of time thinking of where I want to go when spring arrives. Other than the large trip I have planned out, there are a few other short ones I want to do, something in the 2-3 day range that can accommodate my days off. :)

There's this local loop that I've never completely done

The classic WA Cascades loop as a day ride

I want to explore Vancouver Island

And another adventure up Vancouver Island and to the north westcoast of BC

I'll post up some more later. I want to explore Vancouver Island as there are a few nice routes there. I would also like to do a bit more of Oregon.

Last edited:
I did my West Palm Beach, FL - Laconia, NH 4K ride this year during Bike week. Loved it and want to go for a week ride again this year. I think about riding the Blue Ridge Mountain kind of bike-camping style this year. I'll be looking more seriously into it after the holidays.

As far as trips our Very own Billy (YFZRiderNY) always finds his way down here for Some PA dutch country rides. I would like to get up his way in NY and do the Bear Mountain ride he videos a lot and even a shot over to OCC.

2010 Was a Deals Gap Trip It was great but dont see me needing that one again.

I wouldnt Mind catching up With John (Johnnyontherocks) for some futher north PA mountains riding as well.

And of course getting Billy and anyone else down here again Maybe do a ride down Rt 9 to Dover Airforce Base and back up then stop off In Bear DE for some free Motorcross racing.

As far as trips our Very own Billy (YFZRiderNY) always finds his way down here for Some PA dutch country rides. I would like to get up his way in NY and do the Bear Mountain ride he videos a lot and even a shot over to OCC.

2010 Was a Deals Gap Trip It was great but dont see me needing that one again.

I wouldnt Mind catching up With John (Johnnyontherocks) for some futher north PA mountains riding as well.

And of course getting Billy and anyone else down here again Maybe do a ride down Rt 9 to Dover Airforce Base and back up then stop off In Bear DE for some free Motorcross racing.

Put me on board for all those buddy, I'm in!!!!:yes:

I'm planning on doing the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia again this summer, went there twice with my car, time to go on 2 wheels!! It's a 3500km ride total. It's the most beautiful place I went with my car!

I also plan to go climb Mt. Washington with the Fizzie

I rode with a group of 7 friends and family from Texas to California two years ago. Did the Pacific Coast Highway from Malibu to San Francisco, and on to a very twisty stretch of Hwy1, the Panoramic Highway, and onward to Napa Valley. Then back across Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, and back into Texas. The California section was outstanding.

Also enjoyed doing The Tail of The Dragon, and surrounding area of Tennessee and North Carolina such as the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. Good riding companions make all the difference.

Current 2013 travel plans is back to get to Romania in May (after my cancelled trip in September this year) and a weekend with friends in Eifel-Germany June.

So, after getting a little tired off all the gun control talk, surviving 12/21/2012 and dreaming about getting back on 2 wheels I thoght a fun thread would be a place for people to post their planned/dreamt of epic rides for 2013.

The days are getting longer, except you blokes down under, they be getting shorter. Many of you still have a few months of crappy weather to go, but why not put some thought into what the year could hold on the positive side of things.

I'm going for the Million Dollar Highway in June/July

Durango, CO to Ouray, CO - Google Maps

:chat:

I did the train ride from Durango to Silverton a few years ago. Drove back to Durango. It was absolutely gorgeous. I still dream of making that ride on my bike.

I bet Lytehouse and her hubby would meet up with you for that!

planning the same trip

I'm planning on doing the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia again this summer, went there twice with my car, time to go on 2 wheels!! It's a 3500km ride total. It's the most beautiful place I went with my car!

I also plan to go climb Mt. Washington with the Fizzie

If the stars align properly I should be traveling with my brother. He will be flying in from Edmonton and we leave from Montreal sometime in late July. YeeHaw!!

Truth or Consequences NM to the Grand Canyon and back

6 days from Truth or Consequences, NM, through Arizona's White Mountains and Mogollon Rim country to the Grand Canyon and back.

This ride will take in such delights as:

• AZ 191 (formerly 666), known from its old number as Devil's Highway - over 2000 turns in 90 miles
  • Salt River Canyon
  • Oak Creek Canyon

And all the beautiful high country in between.

Entire route. There are lots of route options, with anywhere from about 1300 - 1800 total miles.

The ride starts in a pretty barren desert area, but within the first 50 miles climbs 4000 ft to pine covered mountains with beautiful twisty roads. Then a lot more of that :)

Late May.

During the winter, I do spend quite a bit of time thinking of where I want to go when spring arrives. Other than the large trip I have planned out, there are a few other short ones I want to do, something in the 2-3 day range that can accommodate my days off. :)

There's this local loop that I've never completely done

The classic WA Cascades loop as a day ride

I want to explore Vancouver Island

And another adventure up Vancouver Island and to the north westcoast of BC

I'll post up some more later. I want to explore Vancouver Island as there are a few nice routes there. I would also like to do a bit more of Oregon.

I would gladly explore Vancouver island with you. Its so close and I have never been there.

Back