What is mother nature sending your way?

This evening for me it was pea sized (and smaller) hail. after dashing around outside like a madman and moving flower pots under the table, I took some pictures. The FZ long sleeved shirts dry quickly by the way ;) (I got soaked).

hailpileAug9th2010.jpg

hailaug9th2010.jpg

Rhubarbhail.jpg

Like the Joker said,"never rub another man's Rhubarb"

The wind was changing direction very quickly and was intense. I honestly thought that we would lose the big Elm tree out front, but dodged that bullet. Even the garden made out better than I thought. The new roof was unaffected but I will have to clean out the gutters that are full of leaves now.

Hows the weather where you are? Show me don't tell me.:deal:

We have had 4 hail storms this summer. Our 1997 Camry (only have liability on it) got kind of hammered. Twice the hail was larger than golf ball size. I was out walking the dog when one of the storms hit and we had to make a run for it, luckily we did not get hit. We have a tile roof and had an insurance adjuster come and take a look at it just in case. The roof was fine but he found some other problems from the hail so we are getting some $$$. I will have to see if I have any pics.

We just had a big thunder storm roll through with heavy rain. Of course, I was inside anyway cleaning grout haze from the tile job.

All I could think of while reading the OP is: Long sleeves in August?!?!?

Mother nature tends to send some crazy shiz here, but we've been lucky this year...so far.

I got caught in a really bad lightning and hail storm on the way home from work last Friday, worst storm in 20+ years of riding I've ever been in, and I've been in some doozies. I was actually admittedly scared. When the hail rolled through (I kept on in the rain, despite water running over the road) I ducked under a bridge for twenty minutes. Being on call I had to go back to work, so that sucked even more!

All I could think of while reading the OP is: Long sleeves in August?!?!?

Mother nature tends to send some crazy shiz here, but we've been lucky this year...so far.

Keeps the mosquitoes at bay a bit better. And August up here is 20 degrees C. with mostly low humidity (except when it's raining).:eyebrow:

This has been one of the coolest summers in Northern Ca. with temps in only the 80's when normally it's pushing the 100's. Sure it's a dry heat but still 100 is hot. Made for a nice summer of riding.

Heat, lots of heat. It has been an abnormally hot summer for us in Ohio. It has been in the mid 80s to mid 90s all summer and it stays hot at night. I have really noticed the heat because my a/c went out at home!

And don't forget the humidity, it feels like I could swim through the air more than a few times this summer.

Belgium: July was very warm (reaching 30°C) and dry, August thus far is getting an average on 22°C and lot's of rainy periodes. Cool breeze today but sunny with clouds in the distance lurking to unleash their weight...

Keeps the mosquitoes at bay a bit better. And August up here is 20 degrees C. with mostly low humidity (except when it's raining).:eyebrow:

20* C = 68* F...we won't see 68* for highs until November/December. For that matter, our nightly lows right now are in the mid 80s.

Ever been to New Orleans in August?? Some days are like swimming with all your clothes on at 95*F. But it still beats having to deal with snow!

Tropical storm headed this way, so the next few days will be interesting, and probably without power. Time to check over the generator.

20* C = 68* F...we won't see 68* for highs until November/December. For that matter, our nightly lows right now are in the mid 80s.

Ever been to New Orleans in August?? Some days are like swimming with all your clothes on at 95*F. But it still beats having to deal with snow!

Tropical storm headed this way, so the next few days will be interesting, and probably without power. Time to check over the generator.

I'm on the Gulf Coast as well, so the weather forecast is pretty much the same as Bayouscoot's. We average the highest amount of rainfall in the country and we don't really have seasons... it's scorching hot and so humid it sucks the breathe out of you with a mix of tropical storms and hurricanes for most of the year. Learning to ride in the rain is just a way of life around here!

Season winding down

There was a light dusting of snow on my deck furniture, deck, all the cars on the street, and the roof tops this morning at 6 a.m. when I left for work on the KLR, (my crap weather bike). The headlights picked up a few flakes still falling even though the temperature was 1* C (34* F). It was a cool ride, the roads only wet. I was very careful on the bridge decks and over the painted lines. I will need to upgrade the gloves, but with the rain suit over the other gear I was toasty warm. It is supposed to get all the way up to 7*C for a high. The moral of this story....ENJOY THE RIDING while you can. All you southerners can laugh. Appreciate what you have down there as hibernation season is fast approaching here (even for the hard core riders). I have not driven my car in over 4 months and racked up 17,000 km between my 2 bikes, in the spirit of enjoy it while I can!

We've just had a week of 15-19°C with some nice, sunny days. It was a little cool this morning which got me thinking that I'm gonna need to dig out the connector lead for my heated gloves this weekend!

I'm pretty sure it ain't gonna last though, I've got Sunday and Monday in work then 3 1/2 weeks off so we're gonna be guaranteed rain :D

On a brighter note, I've just got back from a week away in the New Forest, sadly without the bike, and I've now found some awesome new riding roads :cool:

past week was kinda mixture between cloudy, sunny and rain. Temp did not raise higher than 18°c. Tonight sunny and open sky, but nights are already getting colder. Looks promising for the weekend....

Back