What is the most annoying thing you encountered while riding

on the bike, I can deal with slow cagers... most are easy enough to get around... my poor old Aztek though... she's a pig that can't pass...

what really annoys me while riding? speed limits :rant: they are designed for overloaded semi trucks, not motorcycles

1) Amish horse and buggy, I can pass with no real issues but the horses crap all over the road it happens every Sunday afternoon.

2) Being stuck behing pig trucks on the way to Hatfield process facility with no way around it can be awful I have to pull over and wait a while.

on the bike, I can deal with slow cagers... most are easy enough to get around... my poor old Aztek though... she's a pig that can't pass...

what really annoys me while riding? speed limits :rant: they are designed for overloaded semi trucks, not motorcycles
There sre some roads around here that it would be suicidal to try to do the speed limit with a loaded semi. But I'd be legal! Sort of.

1) Amish horse and buggy, I can pass with no real issues but the horses crap all over the road it happens every Sunday afternoon.

2) Being stuck behing pig trucks on the way to Hatfield process facility with no way around it can be awful I have to pull over and wait a while.

oh man... we were up at the steel steed campgrounds in PA a few months back... me and another rider took turns leading the scouting trip (hoping to get others up there)... he kept hitting this crap (literally I found out) in the middle of the road, and I'd see a blur of dust fly up... after a couple times, I was like... OH SH!..... yeah... horse and buggy waste.... all dried up, going "POOF" as he went over the little "dry puddles"

I'll start by
1- riding behind a garbage truck, the smell is awful to the point of holding my breath until I pass it or completely change my route.
2- Riding behind a construction truck transporting sand on the freeway, I got sand blasted until I passed on the farthest lane from that truck as possible.
3- Going through a dust cloud/ leaf stirred up by a gardener's blower.
4- Going through a dust cloud coming from a construction site.
5- On a clear sunny dry day to suddenly encounter wet pavement in a sweeping turn coming from a house garden water drain.

Tell us about your worst riding encounters.

6- oncoming trafic in my lane.

How about car drivers that keep veering to the right then suddenly turn left, spotting a distracted driver is becoming a mind reading game for me, I can bet a driver is holding their smart phone on their lap from good distance. they should have a do not disturb sticker:))).

some very good reasons,one other one is people who slow down to 2mph a block before an intersection waiting for the light to change and make me use my feet as training wheels for the entire block

the only truly frustrating things to me on the road are hazards, like a screw in the tire, or shitty pavement that's cracked bad/pot holes etc. everything else can be handled with a twist of the wrist

cigarette butts thrown out the windows. I get soo tired of that. if you like soking so much keep ur window up and use the ashtray! inconsiderate jerks!!
:cuss:

I was riding on Interstate-10, and the highway had shrunk down to two lanes. I came upon the following: In the right lane, was a large truck going a steady 65 MPH. The left lane had about a dozen Harleys, also going 65 MPG, riding two bikes side by side, with 6 pairs total, and less than a 1 second distance between each pair. Some were ahead of the truck; some even with the truck; and some were behind the truck. They were deliberately holding this pattern, since about 5 cars had stacked up behind them. From their jackets, they all appeared to be members of the same gang.

I rode behind the cars for a few minutes, and finally worked up directly behind the truck. I could tell that the riders beside me knew that I was there, but would not look over, and certainly had no plans on moving over. The formation finally inched back slightly, so I dropped down a couple of gears, accelerated right up to the back of the truck and moved into the left lane, between two of the pairs of knuckleheads. They did not think there was room for anyone to do this. I imagine somebody may have soiled his pants. Now I am quite close to the next pair of riders ahead of me. I could tell that nobody was going to move, so I moved onto the left shoulder and passed the entire group of pirates.

I guess that I need to learn that they own the road and can roll any way they please. And since I was not on a "real" bike, then I have no rights.

I was riding on Interstate-10, and the highway had shrunk down to two lanes. I came upon the following: In the right lane, was a large truck going a steady 65 MPH. The left lane had about a dozen Harleys, also going 65 MPG, riding two bikes side by side, with 6 pairs total, and less than a 1 second distance between each pair. Some were ahead of the truck; some even with the truck; and some were behind the truck. They were deliberately holding this pattern, since about 5 cars had stacked up behind them. From their jackets, they all appeared to be members of the same gang.

I rode behind the cars for a few minutes, and finally worked up directly behind the truck. I could tell that the riders beside me knew that I was there, but would not look over, and certainly had no plans on moving over. The formation finally inched back slightly, so I dropped down a couple of gears, accelerated right up to the back of the truck and moved into the left lane, between two of the pairs of knuckleheads. They did not think there was room for anyone to do this. I imagine somebody may have soiled his pants. Now I am quite close to the next pair of riders ahead of me. I could tell that nobody was going to move, so I moved onto the left shoulder and passed the entire group of pirates.

I guess that I need to learn that they own the road and can roll any way they please. And since I was not on a "real" bike, then I have no rights.

Those dummies have obviously never been next to a semi when a blowout occurs. Shrapnel in every direction, and chunks big enough to throw you. When I get to semi's, I get past them as quickly as possible. (Like you did with both the semi and the dumb Hardley boys!)

My biggest gripe would be anybody who doesn't understand speed limits. Cruising along at 30-35 in a 50 (this is my morning route to work, and it is a nice way to wake up...good speed, some turning going on), and nowhere to pass these morons! If I didn't have to get to work...I don't know what I would do...but something, that's for sure!!

With their lousy attitude I never wave at these idiots, their attitudes are even worse when they have a girlfriend on, now female hardley riders are developing this stinky attitude too.

I just don't understand the fun of riding a very heavy , big & slow bike, never developed the taste for the looks of these bikes or their Japanese look alike.

Back