What map should i use help please!!!!

Hello im new to this site but i have a 2007 fz1, got a two brothers slip-on, a k&n air filter, gutted cat, and just got a pciii. i have been looking through the maps and cant find one with the three things i have didnt know if anyone could help. thanks

I would of thought with those mods stage 2 maps would be in the ball park.:icon_beer:

Much better! :tup: I think if you Mod the airbox you might move to a stage 3 and if you get a full exhaust you move to a stage 4. Is that correct? Been so long since I even asked what mine should be using.

Who did you get your PCIII from? Normally they would have pre-loaded a map that was pretty close to what your application called for. If you didn't get a pre-loaded map you can go to Power Commander's site and chose one that is close and work on that as a starting platform. If you aren't satisied with the way your bike is running, you can take it to a good dyno shop and have them sort it out. Rarely is it a simple plug and play thing when changing intake/exhaust systems then adding a PCIII or PCV to adjust the A/F ratio that is the result. It takes a little work and getting to understand how your Power Commander works is part of the solution.

I would of thought with those mods stage 2 maps would be in the ball park.:icon_beer:
:+1: Download the map pack and poke through but JJames is right. Just take into consideration of the maps originator and your location(distance above sea level) if you think the bike is running lean have a basic dyno run performed to check A/F. If you are going to keep your mods just the way they are you may be better off having a pro tune performed. Otherwise I would wait until you are finished Modding.

BTW I run the Perfection stage four map and its fantastic in my bike the way it sits.

well scratch that... just called them and they said it would be $200 for the dyno tune, ill just mess with it myself for that price. i put a map on it (cant remember the number, maybe 120-4?) but it said two brothers slip on stock or aftermarket filter and O2 delete. hopefully it will be what i expect

$200 for a custom tune is very reasonable if it is done correctly. The fiddle with it method is very frustrating at best. Without a means to analyze what the motor is doing you're chasing your tail.

Your best bet, as others have mentioned, is to begin with Duke maps and try them out. Notice that regardless of nods all of the maps, for the most part, are within a few points of trim of one another. Begin with stage 1 and go from there. If your exhaust smells you're too rich.

Good luck!

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

where exactly do i need to go to get these maps you guys are talking about, oh and i tried that m420-005 map and i didnt even know a difference on performance but it did seem to run smoother, thanks guys i appreciate it

Back