Whatcha think?

SO, I've been looking at what some people have done on here with regards to powder coating etc. and I'm wondering about something. I was thinking what would be something durable (scratch resistant if not proof) I could use on my bike and I came up with Rhinolining. Do you guys think that would add too much weight if in stead of powder coating one would just rhinoline the whole damn thing. I've seen it done on fenders, trailers, etc. Doesn't seem as though it adds too much thickness and I do like the finished product even the matte finish. Murdered out in other words...

rafartist on the other board coated his FZ1 he is the man to talk to.

hayabusafrontright.jpg

hayabusaright.jpg

Durable? Yes. Good looking? No. Seriously, powder coating, if done right, will withstand a LOT of abuse. The cost isn't a whole lot different so long as you're doing all the prep work. Interesting concept but I wouldn't be a fan of it to be honest. ;)

raf's bike looks better in some other pics. I think it's one of those personal preference things. Sometimes I see his pics and I think I like it and sometimes I think he must be crazy! This is one is a like.
002.jpg

Last edited:
I like it :) Heck, I may just do it, I'm really hating the putting a tank bag on and watching scratches just appear out of nowhere.

raf's bike looks better in some other pics. I think it's one of those personal preference things. Sometimes I see his pics and I think I like it and sometimes I think he must be crazy! This is one is a like.
002.jpg

To keep from scratching your tank with the tank bag:

Buy a roll of shelf liner and cut a piece to fit the dimensions of the bottom of your tank bag and place that between the bag and the tank when ya use it...no more scratches.

Ive seen some stuff that is a spray on bra for cars, it says its good for about 3-4 washes before it need to be reapplied. Wouldn't something like that work just as good?
I think at wal-mart or a auto parts place is where i seen it.

Back