What's in your TOOL KIT?

Gen 1 tool kit is pretty damn good... I've added an 8mm wrench, a 1/4" ratcheting tool with a few tips (Philips, Hex, Etc), and a selection of Allen Wrenches.... other than that... It's got a lot of useful stuff in the stock kit....

The tool kit that comes with the bike is better by far than most, if you get one at all. The first thing is knowing what each piece will fit and then, it's often a good idea to "break" certain fasteners the first time with a professional tool. When I changed my oil the first time I was away from home, tried the wrench in the kit but the factory gorilla had torqued the thing way past what was needed so I had to run to the local auto parts store to buy a wrench and socket (which I still have). Now, because the drain plug is only as tight as it needs to be, the wrench will loosen it fine.

I replaced most of mine with Craftsman stuff of the same size and, like Aaron, added an 8 mm wrench and replaced the screwdriver in the kit with a 10-in-1 driver. I also ride with a Cortech tail bag that carries a complete rain suit, slime air compressor, tubeless tire plug kit, duct tape, zip ties, SAE Allen wrench "key ring", short 3/8" drive ratchet with the 10, 12, 14 and 17 mm sockets. Digital air guage. electrical tape.... Maybe more I'm forgetting. ;)

I replaced most of mine with Craftsman stuff of the same size and, like Aaron, added an 8 mm wrench and replaced the screwdriver in the kit with a 10-in-1 driver. I also ride with a Cortech tail bag that carries a complete rain suit, slime air compressor, tubeless tire plug kit, duct tape, zip ties, SAE Allen wrench \"key ring\", short 3/8\" drive ratchet with the 10, 12, 14 and 17 mm sockets. Digital air guage. electrical tape.... Maybe more I'm forgetting. ;)

Just the kitchen sink :cheers: :jk:

Back