Whos in Houston, TX

joker80

Any one live in Houston? I'm gona be there for the last week of this month on a training trip for work. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me a few good places to check out while I was there. I have never been to Texas so I was wanting to enjoy the trip in my free time. I wish I could bring my bike but not going to happen this time :cry: but i'm sure there is plenty of things to see, do, and eat.

Any one live in Houston? I'm gona be there for the last week of this month on a training trip for work. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me a few good places to check out while I was there. I have never been to Texas so I was wanting to enjoy the trip in my free time. I wish I could bring my bike but not going to happen this time :cry: but i'm sure there is plenty of things to see, do, and eat.

Houston is a big city. Do you know what area of town you will be in? I will make some recommendations based on location.

I will be near the Stafford area just north of the riverbend country club.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Just up Highway 59 heading north from where you will be is an area called the Fountains with some restaurants and bars. Sam's Boat is a great bar where you can get some all you can eat crawfish. While not the original location it has been a Houston tradition for over 20 years. Texas Land and Cattle (Stafford Location) is in the same area where you can get a great steak.

Other than that there is not a lot in that immediate area. Downtown Houston is hopping after 10:00 PM with lots of great restaurants, bars and other entertainment. I love House of Blues. They have great burgers and are very affordable.

My favorite restaurant in all of Houston is downtown and named Mia Bella. Look for the Pavillions location. For your first time I recommend the chicken crepes.

Also on the third floor of the Pavilions area (where House of Blues and Mia Bella are) is the Lucky Strike Bowling alley (and bar.)

For non-food and beverage entertainment. You need to head south on 45 to Space Center Houston or Moody Gardens.

Let me know what days you will be there and maybe we could meet up for a drink.

Last edited:
Great info thanks so much! I will be there from the 21st to the 25th for training but I hope to get there a day or two earlier or stay a day later but the flight is currently being setup. I should know by early next week at the latest. I will let you know and maybe we can meet up. How long would it take to drive to Galveston?

That is what I was guessing by the map. I hope to run over there one day just to check it out.

That is what I was guessing by the map. I hope to run over there one day just to check it out.

If you do make it look for a dive burger joint named "The Spot". Great burgers! It is on the sea wall and over looks the gulf. Lots of historical land marks and good shopping in the area known as "The Strand."

So what would you say is the must do while I'm there weather it be fun, food, or must see?

Well my trip is a no go. The training class I was going to has been filled. That sux I was looking foward to seeing houston. I will have to get the training but it will be at some later time so I will make it out there just don't know when. Hail thanks again for all the info!! I will let you know when my training gets rescheduled and we will have to meet up when I make it down there.

Back