Why I will never be a Ducati owner

I've seen this clip before but never asked what anyone thought about the fact that this guy never let go of the bars? Good idea or bad? I mean it worked for him in this case but what does everyone think as a general rule?

I've seen this clip before but never asked what anyone thought about the fact that this guy never let go of the bars? Good idea or bad? I mean it worked for him in this case but what does everyone think as a general rule?

Well my first crash involved me losing traction on cinder/gravel, almost getting high sided and barely keeping it on the foot wide shoulder till a bush grabbed the forks and brought me to an abrupt stop. I held on to the left bar for dear life as I was looking out at a 100 foot drop off with nothing but hard jagged rocks below (gotta love the desert). I superman'd over the bars and because my hand was still able to hold on I was whipped down to the ground about 2-3 feet from the edge. If I didn't hold on, I would have been bouncing down in the boulders below.

I guess my point is it just really depends on the situation if you want to hang on our not.

Well my first crash involved me losing traction on cinder/gravel, almost getting high sided and barely keeping it on the foot wide shoulder till a bush grabbed the forks and brought me to an abrupt stop. I held on to the left bar for dear life as I was looking out at a 100 foot drop off with nothing but hard jagged rocks below (gotta love the desert). I superman'd over the bars and because my hand was still able to hold on I was whipped down to the ground about 2-3 feet from the edge. If I didn't hold on, I would have been bouncing down in the boulders below.

I guess my point is it just really depends on the situation if you want to hang on our not.

Makes sense, I was just thinking that the bike outweighs me by 200 pounds or so, and others even more I'm sure? But ya know the last time I fell off a snowmobile at high speed I was holding on to a chubby chick that softened the blow..... huh, I guess I wasn't thinking......again

A buddy of mine from Italy said Duc's are crap, Suzuki SV1000's are highly sought after in Italy. I told him that at least he has a clear understanding of crap.

Back