Why I will never be a Ducati owner

That was funny and I can totally see that happening. I went on a group ride sponsored by the local Duc dealer. A guy there had just totalled a 1 yr old 1099 and had picked up his new Streetfighter S and low and behold, it had a lot of CF, he had a CF helmet AND a full Dainese suit. We were 47 miles into the ride and he crashed it hard in a corner right in front of me. We managed to bend enough stuff so he could ride it back to the shop and leave it. The suit was trashed with three holes in it too. The dealer said the bike was totaled... 58 miles on it!

Seeing this reminded me of that guy 100%!

Slightly off topic, but I knew 3 guys in Florida that had never ridden in their lives. 1 bought a gsxr 6 and dumped it right out of the lot. Another bought a gsxr 1 and slammed into a concrete divided. Managed to stay on 2 wheels but did some nice damage. Last bought and R1 and he made it a few weeks before it went down. But they had cool bikes.

No doubt there are good Duc riders. My friend I ride with has a Monster 696 and loves it. Although he had to take it back to the shop a couple times for fueling issues and I think replaced the fuel pump, fuel line and something else before it would actually run well.

I have serious hots for a Hypermotard though ....

2013-ducati-hypermotard-eicma-02.jpg

Last edited:
I love my FZ1 but streetfighter is pure hooligan. Torque is insane.

20130717_191546_resized_zps79c69c4f.jpg

PS. I must agree, Ducati is not for you Ssky0078 :p

Last edited:
I love my FZ1 but streetfighter is pure hooligan. Torque is insane.

PS. I must agree, Ducati is not for you Ssky0078 :p

LOL, I know what you're saying. The Streetfighter and Hypermotard and a little bit the Multistrada are nice looking bikes to me. I can't stand CF really at all. Even on the HP4 which I am falling in love with that bike, the CF is just too much.

PS: is that carbon fiber farkles on that streetfighter. LOL

Mulholland drive! Looks like front and back washed simultaneously. Everything was against this guy, IMO poor body position, yellow line, carrying not too much speed but more than he was experienced for. Still a shame nobody wants to crash. He really got lucky not to have a head on as low as he went into the corner. Maybe God was looking after the other riders he would have been headed for had he not dumped himself?
#greatbikedontmakegreatrider

That guy took it too far over - and I'm not sure - looks like the paint stripe might have been the final straw that took him down. Lost traction when he was at the traction limit - looks like. That and possibly a little bit of back brake added to it - just no more traction left for the guy.

The road has a very subtle uneven spot right there combined with the second apex of that double apex corner.

Upon another review in the slow mo you can see that he has the initial loss of traction from the extra lean in for the second apex, then he hits the paint stripe. Basically this guy did everything wrong on this corner

Last edited:
Looks to me like this guy hit a turtle judging on how quick the rear tire broke traction and raised slightly off the road. Crossing the line has several consequences, this guy was lucky no doubt.

Looks to me like this guy hit a turtle judging on how quick the rear tire broke traction and raised slightly off the road. Crossing the line has several consequences, this guy was lucky no doubt.

Yeah, I see that - looking closely. But it may have been he hit one of the road night reflectors they have embedded in the road. You can see them in the clip. And his troubles seemed to "explode" about the time one was going by.
I couldn't say his troubles were beginning then - because he had a bunch of troubles going on before he got to that point. He just was asking for more traction than he had available. He was doomed - before the maybe bump - or paint strip slip.

That road has too much ego to it.

Back