Wind screen comparison thread

johnnyontherocks

The Cosmic Avenger
I can offer a comparison between the stocker and two others. If you have something different and can add it please do. Later tonight I will add a video of my Go Pro shooting thru the three different screens.

Stock, well we all know how poorly it performs.
IMG_9780.jpg

IMG_9778.jpg

IMG_9775.jpg

Puig Racing Screen in LT Smoke, Much improved airflow and I like the looks.
IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_9866.jpg
IMG_0728.jpg

Magical Racing w/Super coat, Super smooth airflow better than the Puig.
IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

Zero Gravity Double Bubble:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Better than stock, but there was still considerable buffeting at highway speeds.

Now I have the Magical Racing and as stated above the airflow is very smooth. I would imagine the Copperdog screen would also offer smooth airflow. Both the Magical Racing and Copperdog are more angled down than the stock screen.

don't you have to prone pretty low to ensure that you dun get any buffeting on the copperdawg?

i am on ZG double bubble now, am getting slight buffeting but easily overcome by crouching abit and ducking behind the screen.

and contemplating on switching to sports touring but am worried on the "poor" airflow during daily commutes.

I have the Puig Racing screen in light smoke and I have no buffeting on my 5'7" frame......better than stock and it looks good, too. Like the way the bottom portion is blacked out which hides the black plastic of the gauges.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

The buffeting will vary depending on your height. I'm 6'2" and the ZG used to buffet pretty bad at highway speeds, but not as bad as the stocker. The Magical Racing sends the air back at a lower angle so it's not hitting me under the helmet.

I'm 5'11" and my Magical Racing screen suits me very well, as cruising on the freeway is a breeze! :) The airflow is so smooth and there is no buffeting for me. The air flow rises from the screen to my helmet and clears my shoulders nicely...

Video as promised, BTW there use to be a passing zone there and my speedo is in KPH.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xU2eHfx9fY]FZ1 Windscreen comparison - YouTube[/ame]

before MRA i had puig racing carbon.....good protection from air but after 160km speed tha air was being much hard to dride easy so u had to curve a little bit.....

with MRA double bubble i can drive 180-200km speed and not curve at all....

i suggest MRA to all!!!

:tup::tup:

don't you have to prone pretty low to ensure that you dun get any buffeting on the copperdawg?

No, not at all. But the CD screen is not designed to block all the wind, just smooth it. So it really is important to decide what you expect from a screen before choosing one. For my own use, I do not want to stop the wind, just control it a bit.

Dave

No, not at all. But the CD screen is not designed to block all the wind, just smooth it. So it really is important to decide what you expect from a screen before choosing one. For my own use, I do not want to stop the wind, just control it a bit.

Dave

Yea, to stop the wind you would need a huge touring screen (which doesn't look all that great) and even then depending on your height you'll get some buffeting.

I forgot to post a pics of the screen that my bike had when I bought it. Not sure of the brand, but it was huge and drove me crazy with the wind noise.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mine bike came with the Puig. I sold it and went back to stock. With lower bars I right in the pocket, no muss, no fuss.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Not in the Winter! ;)

Yeah I know. Joking of course, but actually..........in Texas full faced helmet and balaclava work well--for me, if you are talking only about the cold. I ride without screen because I like the wind. Anything over 40 degrees--it still works here for a good little ride.

I can't see riding even with a windscreen for lower temps more than just playing in the snow or something for a few minutes (from what I remember living in midwest and in smoky mountains, and riding dirt bikes). Now if you're talking "have to ride per commuting", well, that is different. I take a car. If you "have" to ride for extended periods exposed to those type of elements, then I guess I see that. The other thing is being 6'3" I don't gain much unless hunched over. Then it's like riding a CBR or something.......which I got away from & prefer the upright riding position of my FZ.

Probably I'm in the minority on prefering the naked bike. Right now my screen is off & I'm contemplating going over to motovation down the street for the full conversion. I love the wind.

Back