Would you buy one again?

I love the 2013 FZ1 I bought...it's perfect for puttin' around the backroads and I'd buy another one. I still own the B-King I bought new in late 2010 and when my wife and I go down the coast to Big Sur we use it. It's a bit bigger/torque'er than the FZ1 and seems a bit more user friendly riding tandem (I've only a Yoshimura exhaust on the B-King and plan to leave the FZ1 stock)...I don't compare the two as it seems to be an apples to oranges mistake...Both use the 190 55 17 rear tire...PEACE :sport12: SAFE

Well, I've researched it over and over and over from every angle I can. I don't know what else to look at that would help my decision one way or the other. There's a new '13 about 40 miles from me for what I consider a decent price (I'd buy used if I wasn't surrounded by hundreds of square miles of nothing but cruisers...plus I want a new one). I may call and put my name on it this morning.

Thanks everyone for your opinions. I did find a white, new '12 for a price I couldn't resist. Not my first color pick, but for the discount over the blue '13 and the lower cost of insurance, it was my choice without thinking twice (It was a substantial saving). Again, thanks for the help.

Congrats on the new purchase! Looking forward to some photos :)
I can hook you up with one right now, Dustin. Funny story...I was leaving the dealership, singing to myself and enjoying the bike, all the while not even paying attention to the gas gauge. Found a little crappy 1950's gas station off the highway. It was a two hour trip at 80 mph in 33 degree weather to make the trade. The trip back was awesome, though.

Thanks. So far it's been a blast...and I can't even ride it right yet since I'm still breaking it in.

I feel you on that one. I read the break instructions probably 10 times during those 1000 miles... The wait is worth it, and the bike is plenty nice under 6/7k. But, what you read is correct. Above 7k is rocket time! Have fun! --MW

I would probably not buy another one. I was at the Progressive M/C show in Dallas today and there is a lot of competition from Triumph, Honda, Kawasaki for this segment with new, up to date machines at prices at, or below, what Yamaha is charging for their old 2006 design. There just is better stuff out there when stacked up next to the FZ1, even the new Yamaha Triple is probably a better all around machine at this point.

I would probably not buy another one. I was at the Progressive M/C show in Dallas today and there is a lot of competition from Triumph, Honda, Kawasaki for this segment with new, up to date machines at prices at, or below, what Yamaha is charging for their old 2006 design. There just is better stuff out there when stacked up next to the FZ1, even the new Yamaha Triple is probably a better all around machine at this point.
Yes, I have to agree with you,if I buy a new bike I want to go with new tech ones.

For me...

Triumph - no local dealer, nor a bike I want.
Honda - no comparable bike to the FZ1.
Kawasaki - Love the Ninja 1000, but not paying more for insurance than I do the bike.
Yamaha triple - availabe in the FZ09, a bike I don't want.
New '12 FZ1 - available at a price I simply couldn't pass on, and three times the bike I had. Old tech? Not to me. Better stuff out there? Sure, but not for what I paid. And in a year, I'll probably be ready for a new bike again anyway...

The FZ won.;)

While they are awesome bikes, I'd probably go for the new BMW S1000R, Aprilia Tuono or new Z1000.
I definitely want ABS next time.

Sent from my Nexus 5

No I wouldnt, I'd buy an R1 and make it comfortable rather than trying to make the FZ1 like an R1.

Did that with a 4xv. Had it for 7 years. Best bike I've ever had, still miss her even now.
urase7ah.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Back