WTB: Gen II parts

Hi guys, unfortunately I had a little low speed off yesterday. MY buddy thought I was letting him pass, even though I was setting up to make a left turn into a driveway. As I went to go in I saw his grill out of the corner of my eye, and I just grabbed a fist full of front brake, front tire washed out and I low sided about 5+ish miles an hour. I think I bent the bars and maybe the lower handlebar holder on the left side. Frame and axle sliders seem to have done their job because there really wasn't much damage anywhere else. Bike still rides fine other than the new position of the bars. I'm thinking about getting off the Fz1 soon anyway so I'm going to fix up all the crap I've done to it and try to sell her or trade it in.

So anyway I'm looking for
Gen II Handlebar
Gen II lower handlebar holders
Black gas tank cover and granite gray gas tank (from original crash damage).
Maybe a gray tail end (just some minor scuffs on grab rails).

Or if anybody has aftermarket risers and handlebar they are trying to get rid of I may be interested in those instead. I'm going to sell the bike modded and really not looking to get a lot of money out of it. I've put 22,000 miles on it in a year.

And physically I'm ok, just bruised up and a little annoyed at my friend for whatever he was thinking.

Hi guys, unfortunately I had a little low speed off yesterday. MY buddy thought I was letting him pass, even though I was setting up to make a left turn into a driveway. As I went to go in I saw his grill out of the corner of my eye, and I just grabbed a fist full of front brake, front tire washed out and I low sided about 5+ish miles an hour. I think I bent the bars and maybe the lower handlebar holder on the left side. Frame and axle sliders seem to have done their job because there really wasn't much damage anywhere else. Bike still rides fine other than the new position of the bars. I'm thinking about getting off the Fz1 soon anyway so I'm going to fix up all the crap I've done to it and try to sell her or trade it in.

So anyway I'm looking for
Gen II Handlebar
Gen II lower handlebar holders
Black gas tank cover and granite gray gas tank (from original crash damage).
Maybe a gray tail end (just some minor scuffs on grab rails).

Or if anybody has aftermarket risers and handlebar they are trying to get rid of I may be interested in those instead. I'm going to sell the bike modded and really not looking to get a lot of money out of it. I've put 22,000 miles on it in a year.

And physically I'm ok, just bruised up and a little annoyed at my friend for whatever he was thinking.

WOW, really glad your ok and its not worse.

For parts, your bars are more than likely bent but id bet that's it. Just pop some new ones on there and you should be good. Glad sliders did their job.

So I gotta ask, did you have your turn signal on? If so, your buddy may deserve a beat down or atleast foot some cash to help pay for some parts.

You did some hardcore miles for just one year! What are you thinking of going to?

WOW, really glad your ok and its not worse.

For parts, your bars are more than likely bent but id bet that's it. Just pop some new ones on there and you should be good. Glad sliders did their job.

So I gotta ask, did you have your turn signal on? If so, your buddy may deserve a beat down or atleast foot some cash to help pay for some parts.

You did some hardcore miles for just one year! What are you thinking of going to?

No signal on but it was his house, we were going back to fire up his new PS4. I had just passed him and about 5 other cars (all legally) a mile back and I think he just wanted to get in front of me after we turned on to his frontage road. He said he thought I was lettting him pass so he could pull in first (???? I dunno???). It was just a miscommunication, he said I had swung out wide, but I only swung out a little so that I could take the curb straight on.

I'm sure he'll give me some money if I ask.

I was hoping to wait till the spring and get the S1000R when it's released here in the US.

And I think the handlebar holder is bent because you can see the side that took the impact (left) is slightly different angle than the other (right)

Dude... :( Sorry to hear about yet another crash. It is, of course, your fault completely. You didn't even bother to use your turn signal?

Best of luck with the replacement bike. You're going for the gold! The world's fastest motorcycle!

No signal on but it was his house, we were going back to fire up his new PS4. I had just passed him and about 5 other cars (all legally) a mile back and I think he just wanted to get in front of me after we turned on to his frontage road. He said he thought I was lettting him pass so he could pull in first (???? I dunno???). It was just a miscommunication, he said I had swung out wide, but I only swung out a little so that I could take the curb straight on.

I'm sure he'll give me some money if I ask.

I was hoping to wait till the spring and get the S1000R when it's released here in the US.

And I think the handlebar holder is bent because you can see the side that took the impact (left) is slightly different angle than the other (right)

That really sucks....

But the s1000R :cheerleader::woot::cheerleader:

Dude... :( Sorry to hear about yet another crash. It is, of course, your fault completely. You didn't even bother to use your turn signal?

Best of luck with the replacement bike. You're going for the gold! The world's fastest motorcycle!

Thanks, have a nice day.

EDIT: and the S1000R hasn't been released yet, and is not the fastest bike in the world.

Last edited:
And now that I'm thinking about it, my turn signal was on when I was picking up the bike because I had to put the lense cover back on it and it was still flashing. Regardless, I never said it was all his fault, he made an unexpected move, I reacted, and it didn't work out. If I really wanted to be safe, I would have stayed behind him the whole way to his house.

Thanks, have a nice day.

EDIT: and the S1000R hasn't been released yet, and is not the fastest bike in the world.

Oh, I saw two Rs when there was only one! Damned Canadian education system!

That'll be a sick replacement for your FZ! Make sure it has ABS

Maybe you should consider the retro kit. It is a good deal for all the parts you need. I have bar risers. You have a PM incoming.

Thanks, the retro kit gives all the plastics and the tank, but I would need the headlight assy and fairing mount again.

I really was planning on keeping the bike, and still may. We'll see, I just need to fix the bars and risers first.

Glad your not hurt Sky. Dont sweat the the little stuff. Cant Waite for the ride report on the new bmw. Drive safe man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Sh*t happens... It was a little bit of bad judgement for both of you.

Partshark has the OEM handlebars new for cheap. Part # 2D1-26111-02-00 for $35.06 and the risers are #2D1-23442-00-00 for $57.63 but why do you think that is bent? With the way they are designed and a single cap over both, they would both have to be bent, I'd assume? The risers are the same for each side, just facing each other. The cap is #2D1-23441-00-00 for $41.35.

Glad you're OK! Bikes can be easily fixed or replaced . . . . you? Not so much! ;)

Thanks, the retro kit gives all the plastics and the tank, but I would need the headlight assy and fairing mount again.

I really was planning on keeping the bike, and still may. We'll see, I just need to fix the bars and risers first.

No, just make it a naked retro and sell the fairing to recoup some money or hang onto it for later.

Sh*t happens... It was a little bit of bad judgement for both of you.

Partshark has the OEM handlebars new for cheap. Part # 2D1-26111-02-00 for $35.06 and the risers are #2D1-23442-00-00 for $57.63 but why do you think that is bent? With the way they are designed and a single cap over both, they would both have to be bent, I'd assume? The risers are the same for each side, just facing each other. The cap is #2D1-23441-00-00 for $41.35.

Glad you're OK! Bikes can be easily fixed or replaced . . . . you? Not so much! ;)

When looking directly down at the risers, the left is bent back about 5-10 degrees. The little rubber grommet/ring around the base of the riser there is a 2-3 mm gap on the left side that is not present on the right. It may have just shifted in the rubber ring, I may try to take it apart tomorrow afternoon and see what the real deal is. I just have a feeling that the screw part that runs through the triple tree is bent on the riser. I really think the bars worked like a lever and bent the lower handlebar holder.

And thanks I'm ok, got bruised up and down my whole left side, tore my new jacket too, but I'm gonna patch it with this. LOL
View attachment 16526

And definitely think we both could have made better decisions. I wasn't expecting him to do what he did, and he seemed not to expect me to do what I did. It's all good, luckily I'm alive to live and learn. I will say crashing on pavement is a lot worse than the other 2 times when I hit dirt and rocks.

Ok, so seems I was wrong. The guys at the shop suggested I just bang in the lower handle bar holder because the rubber holder can get tweaked in an off. So I got the rubber mallet out and wailed away. 98% better.

However I thought they would be able to bend the shift lever of the left rare set and he said it looked like it was about to break and not to touch it.

So if anyone has a left side rear set for a gen 2 let me know.

oh man... glad you ok

PS_Shapes_-_The_Bike_Accident.gif

Have you pulled the whole riser to check the bolt that holds it? It may be bent. I find it hard to believe that the solid riser is bent.

Just get some cheap steel aftermarket bars from BIKE MASTER or TUCKER ROCKY for about $20. The SUPERBIKE bend works good.

So it seems my work with the rubber mallet was enough to straighten up the bend or issue with the riser, the bars actually look pretty straight now.

I do need a left rear set with shifter.

Back